TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well guys, due to financial difficulties that i have no way to get around at this time(namely not having a job), i can no longer afford all the niceties, like digi cable and road runner, about $140/mo with expanded basic cable, so i'm about to give time warner a call and have them come pic up the cable box and the cable modem within the next few days, it's hard cause i came to think of you guys as my extended family, sure we had our squabbles and stuff but all in all i had fun, and i even got to meet a handful of you guys in person that i would be proud to call my friends in the texas chapter meets, hell, i even got a car from a fellow tccoa'r that i have yet to meet in person to thank him for his generosity, kinda hard when he lives so far away, but i'll miss everyone, i'll try to peek in some times from the library, but that is all for now,

Truthfully Yours,

Evaristo Gaona
a.k.a. Chorizon

EDIT: dangit, i couldn't even get to 3,000 posts....:(

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
After 2,960 posts. I bet you will start to live in the library. Good Luck!!

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks man.

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
yep.. always the freebie PCs at the library

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
just go all cheap. an get a sh*t load of those free aol cd's and keep using a new one every 2 months. and just go with dial up. i know how ya feel too i went with dial up for like ever then got dsl. now i couldnt go without it.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Ricerbird said:
just go all cheap. an get a sh*t load of those free aol cd's and keep using a new one every 2 months
lol my friend did that for 2 years, they eveutually caught him though, but it does work, just until they catch you

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
man i wish we had big name isp access numbers here, lol, but we don't, so it's either rr, local dial up isp, and all the local isp's are all 20+ a month, or i can do stuff like netscape or aol and pay through the nose with either long distance or for 1-800# access, thanx for the ideas though, lol, they are appreciated....:)

·
Registered
252 Posts
Usually when you use the AOL CDS they will give you more free months if you try to cancel. I had free AOL for 2 years because they didn't want to lose me as a customer. I cost them more money than anything. I never paid a cent for AOL in 2 years, it is worth a try.

·
Premium Member
2,546 Posts
sorry to hear that man... Its rough. I am probably about to not beable ot drive cuz I have a feeling if I don't get this speeding ticket lowered to 9 over then my insurance company is going to drop me. no car = no work and that just has a domino effect. I can't afford high risk insurance. Anyway the AOL cancelling works. AOL employees get money for every customer they keep. My cousin used to work in that department and the one way they keep people from cancelling is giving them free months of AOL. So most likely when you call to cancel they give you more months. My bro did the same thing for about a year and a half before he got broadband at his appartment. Good luck chorizon.

·
Jedi Master
3,647 Posts
chorizon, those people at should be calling you to offer you some sort of deal on your cable and roadrunner, i know cause i work there, if not give them a call and ask to see if you keep your roadrunner if you get some sort of promo, and just get rid of the cable...

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
What my brother and I are doing is sharing DSL. A guy downstairs has DSL and we got a wireless modem down there and connect to it. We pay half of the total cost, so $25 a month for DSL is better than $50. And if someone else here gets a computer, then we can have them pay too.

I've been going to the library and stuff, and that's a bunch of crap to do. I feel ya there.

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
mn12xr7 said:
chorizon, those people at should be calling you to offer you some sort of deal on your cable and roadrunner, i know cause i work there, if not give them a call and ask to see if you keep your roadrunner if you get some sort of promo, and just get rid of the cable...
If he can't afford $20 a month dial-up, he's not going to find a standalone RR Campaign for cheaper. ;)

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
okay, thanks for all the suggestions guys, i'm just gonna go for it, if i don't find a job before they cut my stuff off, oh well, it was fun while it lasted.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Hey holmes,

Sorry to hear about the bad luck. I'm almost in the same boat myself. The economy sucks right now. As far as the job hunt goes, If you want to work you can find a job. It might not be what you want, but a job is better than no job.

My best advise, go look for a job... Any job will do. (McDonalds is closer to paying the bills than you are now)

As far as the ref's go. Find the hole in your resume. Go to your previous employer or post and explain your situation, ask them to fill the "gap" in your employment. ( I assume you're on good terms w/ one of them...)

Past that, make two resumes, one that makes you look stupid (This will get you a job) and make one that lists your skills (this will get you a job you want)

Bottom line is get a job. Any cash flow is better than none...

May the Farce B wif you

:D

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thanks bro.

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
no offense to our troops, but right now i wouldnt go joining up to end up in the middle east ,heck no!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts