TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Silver / Gray Drivers Front Seat Belt 1997 / 1998 Mark VIII

I need a drivers side front seat belt with retractor plus the buckle side (attaches to seat). It must be from a 1997 or 1998. I need one with a good working retractor, because mine is slow to retract and winds up getting caught in the door. Please let me know if you have one and its condition (i.e. clean, etc). I have a full set of 97 Black and 98 Charcoal belts, so if I can't find a reasonable price I'll just swap to a different color.

Shipping will be to Tabernacle, NJ 08088

Thanks, Brian

·
Registered
90 Posts
I've heard that cleaning them up helps them retract. A good detergent or carpet cleaning solution should do the trick. When the belt fibers get clogged with dirt and lint, they don't roll very smoothly on the mechanism. Been meaning to give it a try for a while.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've heard that cleaning them up helps them retract. A good detergent or carpet cleaning solution should do the trick. When the belt fibers get clogged with dirt and lint, they don't roll very smoothly on the mechanism. Been meaning to give it a try for a while.
I was wondering about cleaning the retractor as well. It would be ideal to not have to replace the belt, but now the buckle has failed. It only works if you press in the release and force the belt in. After my severe accident, i would never consider taking a chance driving without a seat belt so I would really like it working properly. Actually bought one on ebay only to find out the retractor is locked solid. Won't extend or release.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
still needed: Gray Drivers Seat Belt with retractor and buckle

Silver / Gray Drivers Front Seat Belt 1997 / 1998 Mark VIII

I need a drivers side front seat belt with retractor plus the buckle side (attaches to seat). It must be from a 1997 or 1998. I need one with a good working retractor, because mine is slow to retract and winds up getting caught in the door. Please let me know if you have one and its condition (i.e. clean, etc). I have a full set of 97 Black and 98 Charcoal belts, so if I can't find a reasonable price I'll just swap to a different color.

Shipping will be to Tabernacle, NJ 08088

Thanks, Brian
Still looking if anyone has one or sees one in a junkyard.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts