TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read a coupe of threads about lowering springs and shocks going out and I have a similar problem.

I had Eibach Pro springs put on a couple months ago. The roads around here are pretty decent. It took me a couple of times to learn to go slower over dips. But, other than that no real slams to the suspension. The shocks are Bilsteins I had installed last year.

The other day we were walking back to my car which was parked in front of a curb. I noticed the driver’s side was lower.

When we got home I checked and sure enough, about two inches lower on the driver side.

I barely got the floor jack under the driver side. I jacked it up and wrote down the spring numbers to compare with the passenger side, thinking maybe the wrong spring had been installed. I also wanted to visually check to make sure both sides looked alike. They did.

After lowering the car, both sides were even again. I am assuming jacking it up was responsible for this.

My question is: Where can I get a couple of shocks for the front end that will work with the lowering springs? And, what can I expect to pay?

Thanks for the help.

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
When I put eibachs in my 95 bird, I used Car Quest shocks up front, I've had them on for about 5 years now, with no problems.(AT least I think they are Car Quest, I will check tommorow.).

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
On my 94 i have sport front and lx rears on I would say go the the 96-97 sport front shocks. They work well with lowered birds/cougars and they decently priced. If you want the best go koni

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
yup that was last june so i dont know if the prices are the same

1 - 5 of 5 Posts