TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
are there any interchangeable parts our 4.6's can use out of the new mustangs? i haven't seen anyone talking about this and i was lookin at their specs and noticed they might have enough in common to be able to use their parts. anybody had any experience with this?

for example, i hate automatics. ppl can tell me how many advantages they have but i miss the thrill of driving stick. will the mustang tr3650 bolt up to our 4.6?

and what about the 4.6 ohv itself, will it drop into our birds fairly easily?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
ok well its listed on ford's website as ohv... until u click on it then it says its sohc. i dont get it but who cares

anyways, i searched "tr3650" and found nothing--only a sticky with question marks, and can't find anything else related to this topic. links anybody? :zwall:

·
Administrator
4,161 Posts
Virtually every motor since the flathead has been an OHV motor. That just means that the valves are on top of the head. However the Ford modular motors are OHC also. Most are SOHC -- meaning they have a single cam in each head. Some are DOHC -- that's two cams per head.

But no, it's not worth trying to put a 3v motor in our cars. Sorry.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Virtually every motor since the flathead has been an OHV motor. That just means that the valves are on top of the head. However the Ford modular motors are OHC also. Most are SOHC -- meaning they have a single cam in each head. Some are DOHC -- that's two cams per head.

But no, it's not worth trying to put a 3v motor in our cars. Sorry.
thanks for the explanation!

still curious if that tr3650 transmission will bolt up... :idea:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts