TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Johnny Bling Bling
3,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i heard that there are not so good places to stay in DC. planning on going the weekend after thanksgiving. my plan is to stay at the four points sheraton downtown, which i located on K street...a couple of blocks behind the white house. is that an ok area?

SEE MAP

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
Lafayette park is not safe at night, staying indoors during non-daylight hours might be okay.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Yeah, the hotel is really nice, and you are within walking distance to alot of stuff.
But you really want to be inside after hours.

·
Johnny Bling Bling
3,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok, screw that. not worth it. i will just stay at the sheraton national hotel in arlington. i stayed there last time, but the front desk clerk was a total *****. i told them i would ne ver stay there again, but i would rather be safe than keep my pride.

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
Yeah, every time I've been to DC it's stay in VA and take a train in to see the stuff.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
ShadowDragon said:
Yeah, every time I've been to DC it's stay in VA and take a train in to see the stuff.
Only way to go in DC.

Unless you're into lots of traffic you may want to consider staying out in MD (Red Line on this map... http://www.wmata.com/metrorail/systemmap.cfm I stayed out there once for some training and liked it much better than N. Va. That was a few years back so maybe someone will chime in with more timely info.

·
Johnny Bling Bling
3,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i stayed at the sheraton national in VA a couple of years ago. it was convenient. free shuttle to pentagon staion. aside from the lousy clerks(and paying to park), we enjoyed ourselves.

·
Johnny Bling Bling
3,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
what about crystal city?

·
Registered
461 Posts
Crystal City = thumbs up. Or go to Holiday Inn in Rosslyn, my friend's a manager there, he could get you a nice room, hehe. :-D

·
The Band, not the Disease!
3,090 Posts
It can't be that bad... i remember downtown chicago under the loop some guy asked me if I wanted to buy some crack rocks... which we're actually crushed sugar cubes...

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
CRIME Chicago, Illinois Washington, Washington DC National Avg.
Violent Crime 1910.9 1627.7 446.1
Property Crime 6149.3 6433.9 4162.2

Keeping in mind Chicago has a much larger population than DC and your odds of having something happen go way up hanging around D.C. at night outside of the well-lit/heavily populated areas.

·
Johnny Bling Bling
3,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
pnyklr said:
what about staying in MD?
i don't take advice from yankees fans.

j/k :zwall: :rofl:

·
Registered
513 Posts
Crystal city is a good place to stay, pending on what part you stay in Md is not that bad.
If you were coming here just to visit the city, take in the sights and all that good stuff. Just ask the hotel where you are staying how close they are to the metro.
Everytime I need to go into DC, I just go to the metro station and leave my car there.
Take the train everywhere.
Saves time and money.

·
Johnny Bling Bling
3,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
the crystal city station is one block from the hotel. the only thing i will use my car for is to go to ihop for breakfast. then back to the hotel and ride the train everywhere.

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
AnthraxBird said:
It can't be that bad... i remember downtown chicago under the loop some guy asked me if I wanted to buy some crack rocks... which we're actually crushed sugar cubes...
So....how did you know they were sugar?????? :tongue:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts