TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Say...

is there anyone out there running single exhaust set-ups. If so get at me.

House

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess I should clarify...any 2 - 1 setups out there?

·
MaleWhore
2,640 Posts
as i see it, ur imagination is your limits....

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
MN12-Blackbird said:
Say...

is there anyone out there running single exhaust set-ups. If so get at me.

House
What!? Don't speak of it. 2 is better than 1. :D Nah, 2 tips just looks better. A single tip would look weird.

I have 2 big 3.5" chrome tips, can't argue with that.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Was thinking about the same thing, before I had my system done.
I was told that for max power I should have gone with a single 3" all the way back.
I think I will switch over to that once I do the engine swap.
Until then I will enjoy the big dual shinny tips :D.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
BGsTBird said:
Was thinking about the same thing, before I had my system done.
I was told that for max power I should have gone with a single 3" all the way back.
I think I will switch over to that once I do the engine swap.
Until then I will enjoy the big dual shinny tips :D.
Yes, I believe a single 3" flows better than duals.

·
Registered
615 Posts
chris I dont think your terminolgy is right. While I think a 2.5 daul will flow better then a 3" single, I also agree that a 3 " single will be better for cars that are running na or do not have PnP heads.

·
8,239 Posts
i run a 3.5 single.

chris is right, the single outflows the dual setup.

The single tip makes the riceboys think that they have an easy target.
JH

·
Registered
615 Posts
:confused:

that just seems so odd.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It is a done deal. The core of the system will be 3.5, but everything else will be 3 inches...including the cats. Everything will dump out of a big 4in tip. If I get my hands on a camera I will post the pics.

·
Registered
965 Posts
I have 2.5 down pipes with a 3" single all the way back. All mandrel bends of course.

I don't know about a single 3" out flowing a dual 2.5", but doubt seriously the 3" pipe is the bottle neck on my setup. My guess would be that the JBA's are more restrictive.

Eric

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
If your set up is for sale, what are you going to? Have you healed yet from your last crash? Just pullin for ya...

·
Overkill Fetish Freak
2,458 Posts
I'm going with Kook's/Dual this time round, Pappy has my Ex Honed Manifolds. I'm doing better (Pulled two motors since) but the hand and knee still has issues.

Looks worse then it really is...Walk it off son.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
You were runnin that renegade motor through manifolds still. Dang man, get the KOOKs deal. I think that is probably the best way to go now. It was a bicycle wreck correct? I have wrecked on both and my motorcycle tore me up the worst. Only bout tem mph diff in speed though.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Eric Z,

I will be running that exact set up except everything will be 3 in or higher.

Thanks for the photos...I will use them for reference for my shop guy if that is ok with you. I wouldn't was to infringe on copyrights or anything like that.

House

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I would think so...other guys here have numbers...I am looking at it from its original set-up...It is a quasi-dual system in which the bulk of our OEM systems are single. It is just split at the rear to give the illusion of dual exhaust. If you look at any non-super car that have dual mufflers...you will see inderneath that it is a single system with a Y-splitter somewhere in the system.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts