TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we are trying to set our timing in our 87 turbocoupe because lately it has been running like crap.

the steps in our chiltons tbird manual say:

1. turn off all accesories
2. connect inductive timing light.
3. disconect the single wire in-line spout connector or remove the shorting bar from the double wire Spout connector.

we dont understand what the "single wire in-line spout connector" is. can anyone help us out here?

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
On the MN12 birds, the SPOUT connector is near the EEC-IV self-test port, behind the passenger side shock tower. SPOUT stands for "spark out".

Here's what "great scott" has to say about it in another thread (search for "spout" if you want the rest):

... What the SPOUT does is remove control of base timing from the onboard computer so that you can accurately set the timing without the computer playing games with you and trying to take control of the timing. You will not damage anything by not having the connector in there but the it will cause error codes to the computer stating that the SPOUT CKT is open. Best bet is to find one and replace it. Shorting it out will not really help the problem because you will then just change the error code to a SPOUT circuit shorted error code I think that there is a resistor in the connector. ...

It looks like this on an MN12:
http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18399

It might be in the same spot on your T-Bird, but I don't know. I hope this helps!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts