TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
there is a test and tune night on the 16th at Southwestern International Raceway i'm takeing the 35th to see what it will run in the 1/4. gates open at 4 pm. who wants to come and play?

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
I will see if I can make it. It is a tossup between the 89 Cougar and the 00 Grand Marquis. It will likely be the 00 Grand Marquis since I haven't done anything to the 97 since last outting at SIR, I will try to make it, I had a blast getting beat by everything last time, with the slightly heavier car, higher rear gear, should be even more embarrassing, but it might make the ricers think they can outrun the CVPI which have 50+ HP and better gearing :)

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
Pretty sure I will be there, it will be my 00 Grand Marquis, and my dad is back in town but not ready run his 90 town car, so he will go and be "pit crew" and have someone to hang out with when I break the car.

I don't plan on staying too late, they are closing early due to a concert (10:30) and I won't do as many runs as I did in my Cougar, but I don't care to wait until it might cool off a little, but I don't want to smoke the tranny by too many runs while it is warm.

I think the 89 Cougar is close to the speed of the 00 Grand Marquis, but no battery tie-down plus it is still pretty well disassembled might raise some skeptical eye brows at tech.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sounds good and some of the ricer are going to cally that weeked like my brother in law for a show. i will be in the 35th with flat black hood with holes cut in it.:rolleyes: good for cooling:D

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
Hope you either made it back in time, or had a real good excuse for being late! How was that for crazy traffic, all for a country music concert.

Well, best run of the night was my first, 17.632 79.44 mph. Second run was in second and traction control on, that was crazy!

Good to meet you, my daughter and dad got tired and once i got on the road to drive home I figured out I was pooped, getting up and working at 5 am is killing me.

I think I have slightly caught the bug. I would like to do a few things to my 97 to get the times down and make it a funner car.

2000 Mercury Grand Marquis, race weight 4150 (150 less than my 97 Cougar!)
2.73 gear, grandma slow shifts, single exhaust, 130k miles, getting tired.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i had a good time. sucked that my first time ever down the 1/4 and i get stuck agenst a dragster. my best of the night was 16.128 at88.62 keep spining off the line. got home on time to pick up the grils from granma's. nice to meet you and your family. have to get toghter some time. give me a call

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
Well, my daughter was wrong about the concert, it was Metallica! The concert started at 9:30, there was already a serious line at both entrances at 5 pm when I got out there!

1 of 5 dates on this US tour, so it was a big deal.

·
Baddest N/A NPI in Canada
2,118 Posts
This thread caught my interest, I thought it was strange that guys in Arizona would drive up to Saskatoon Saskatchewan to see SIR.

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
Heck, at half the altitude and cooler weather I might just take you up on that and drive on up. j/k :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts