TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to make every effort to run tomorrow.

Anyone else going?

I am going to check it out and if I won't make a fool of myself, I am going to run the 97.

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Not representing well, I think 12 runs all within .5 MPH I think I have a good baseline

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, no excuses, I ran some horrible times. I had fun, but didn't have anyone to hang out with. The Lightning guys let me be around, even tried to run with me, the fox body mild mod cars running about 2 to 3 tenths better hung out with the Cobra/highly modified Fox and Shelby guys. I was adopted by the ricers since they had someone to beat. I ran against three different SRT 4s, two vettes (they were running 14.95 and a 15.50), a Civic, a 69 Dodge truck, 6 cars that were in classes. I hated to be in the left lane against 8 second cars, they had to roll forever waiting for me to get there and exit the first turn out. I was still at the 1/8 when they were done in the 1/4! The Lightning guys were running 13.7 at 111 13.8 at 100, one with drag slicks was running in the 13.4 range.

I have about 10 more slips, maybe more. I was second to go out (which was dumb, I only had one other person to watch and emulate), and ran 8 consecutive times. I didn't think to wait for the ambient temps to go below 90, I just wanted to give it a go.

Race weight was 4140 pounds. I had a full tank of gas. I filled up, drove 7 miles to the track, put 26 miles on the car there, drove 7 miles home, filled the tank, got 18 mpg!

I was told:
1) stop drinking a soda while on my run
2) stop reading a book
3) stop posting to TCCoA while being tramatized by going up against yet another 8 second car
4) I was letting off and braking before going through the speed trap and finish line, and stop always making the first turn out.

I thought I would do a little better, but have no reason to think that. I got my best time doing a burn out and able to stage quickly. I had a 16.244 run, I could never get over 85 mph. I stayed in it well after the finish line (it is 3500 feet, lots of room) and even staying in it it just rolled over and died at the end. I didn't know I was spinning until I stopped going up against monsters and could concentrate on the speedo and tach.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts