TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aug 31st test & Tune at SIR. Who's comin?

Pinks all out is coming Nov 16 - 18. I'll be there who's with me?!

Click:

~MG~

·
PostSkank
3,231 Posts
If I don't work on the 31st I'll show. I don't think I'll be racing or anything, but I'll pit for ya if you need an extra set of hands/wrenches

we need to get together to talk exhaust soonish anyway

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Right on,

I wanna see what kind of times I can pull with the new engine. Im hoping to see a couple guys from the mustang club out there. (*cough* Jason *cough*) ;-)

Im planning on the rest of the goods to come in Friday.

~MG~

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
Hmm, I have always wanted to go and try that, it would be pretty embarrassing with my current car but it would be nice to know what it will do (or what it won't do is more like it). I think I have it mechanically 100%, and maybe knowing what it will do prior to the 3.73s and trac loc and PI cams would be good to know.

Wednesday my boss is taking our group to the kart track out there, I might catch the bug and want to at least go and watch Friday, who knows.

·
PostSkank
3,231 Posts
looks like I'm working that night unfortunately, sorry willis. We can see about that exhaust soon enough though. A Thursday night and Friday would work best for me... I'll need at least a weeks notice to get the days off work. And we can probably rent a welder as well

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I might have the welder covered... All im waiting on now are the rest of the parts to come in! Its taking forever!

Still have to find some 3" pipe too... I got out bid TWICE! For the 3" pipe I was wanting.

I'll be starting a new job next week, so My free time will be drastically cut. We'll have to play it by ear.

~MG~

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
HOLY CRAP!

16 days now and the damn Y-Pipes are still not here. I bought flanges and Y-Pipes from this seller, and I got the flanges 2 days ago!

Funny thing is I bought the flanges a day AFTER the Y-Pipes! I emailed them, But Im about ready to report them!

~MG~

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
So... how did it go?

I went to Rocky Point, last minute (well, I knew I was going, but not Friday) so I didn't even get to go as a spectator. I wanted to go and get a feel for how it all works.

There is an 89 Cougar XR7 on eBay in Sahuarita that went to check out, I really want an SC Cougar (but I want a 5 speed) to play around with and make a weekend/track car since my 97 is my daily driver and I don't want to hurt it.

I think if I can get some pointers about how everything works at the track I will go out next Test n Tune night.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts