TCCoA Forums banner
21 - 40 of 46 Posts

Registered

Administrator
There is far more to that story.
Do tell.

I don't remember the details. I guess this was before I joined. Sounds like a great story.

Super Moderator
One of the coolest things about being made a mod was being able to read all the lonnie, darrin, and dirtydog stuff. :)

Registered
He patented a mod? What an *** lol I should have patented the grand Marquis headlight swap or illuminated cruise buttons, rake in the tens of dollars in royalties from those who followed 馃槅

Only thing I wonder about Bill is how the bondo is holding up on the 鈥淪moooooth鈥 bodylines on his Bird.
I didn't spend much time getting to know him or any of his shenanigans because I was involved with moderating other competing forums with actual tech talk when this place got too full of drama and BS that he had a hand in enabling. However, I will say his username was ridiculous (hell no, I'm not calling you Sir) and his car looked like a damned used bar of soap.

What's funny to me is that you have some people on Facebook who are excited to see those old club stickers and would love to have one. If they only knew what the "good old days" were really like. My welcome packet is probably buried in some box in storage that I haven't opened in 15+ years and even back then, I had no desire to put that sticker on my car and especially didn't want to when this place became known as TCCoI.

Administrator
1997 Thunderbird LX
I remember all the drama back then, people jumped ship and headed over the forum that Brian Herron had I believe. Didn't the user name come around when him and a couple of other "Bills" were over on the old SCCoA site and this was the way he let everyone know who he was?

I have a some of the old stickers and a bunch of the club cards that I got in my packet. I think I was one of the last that got one before that whole mess started.

Joe

Super Moderator
1997 Thunderbird 4.6, 1998 Mark VIII LSC
As far as I'm concerned, let the truth be known. lol

I was only here for a relatively short time before he dumped us, but it was not hard to see from his activity that he was the proud king of his kingdom; while playing on his turf you had to bow to his rules - which he had no problem reminding everyone of. I only saw the surface scratches of some of the less wholesome things that went on beyond the apparent.

Administrator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
Late 90s would have been Birdcats

I joined or maybe even early lurked right when the member packet drama was going on, other than the popcorn aspects of it as a new user I didn鈥檛 know who was right in the argument but I always found it really petty it settled with the Kodiaks getting banned in the end. It seemed like the years thereafter the interpersonal dramas of the old guard really ramped up too, ie the Lonnie, Darrin, Dirtydog, jMiller stuff. Not gonna lie, I spent more time catching myself up on that juicy gossip in the moderator forum than I did moderating the interior or wherever section I was first assigned lol

I talked to bill a couple times in the old IRC room, but I really only found friendship with Oscar, Preston and Michelle in that group, Bill was very dismissive and the other regulars only seemed to magically chime in when he鈥檇 appear

Personally the only physical TCCoA thing I ever wanted was the plate frame, I hate window stickers. I refused to buy membership until those came back(I assumed at the time they came with the packets)

Registered
I remember all the drama back then, people jumped ship and headed over the forum that Brian Herron had I believe. Didn't the user name come around when him and a couple of other "Bills" were over on the old SCCoA site and this was the way he let everyone know who he was?

I have a some of the old stickers and a bunch of the club cards that I got in my packet. I think I was one of the last that got one before that whole mess started.

Joe
Modular Technical Community. I was the web admin for that site and forum, which Brian later merged with Ken Bjonnes at Modular Depot when Brian went to work for SCT. I joined him there as well for about a year as the company's graphics designer. If anyone's seen the artwork for their Advantage software, newsletter, and dealer training material from around 2004-05, I made that.

At Modular Depot, I was the moderator for the MN12 subforum before Modular Depot merged with Modular Fords. That all felt like an eternity ago. I wasn't involved with Modular Fords.

Registered
Late 90s would have been Birdcats

I joined or maybe even early lurked right when the member packet drama was going on, other than the popcorn aspects of it as a new user I didn鈥檛 know who was right in the argument but I always found it really petty it settled with the Kodiaks getting banned in the end. It seemed like the years thereafter the interpersonal dramas of the old guard really ramped up too, ie the Lonnie, Darrin, Dirtydog, jMiller stuff. Not gonna lie, I spent more time catching myself up on that juicy gossip in the moderator forum than I did moderating the interior or wherever section I was first assigned lol

I talked to bill a couple times in the old IRC room, but I really only found friendship with Oscar, Preston and Michelle in that group, Bill was very dismissive and the other regulars only seemed to magically chime in when he鈥檇 appear

Personally the only physical TCCoA thing I ever wanted was the plate frame, I hate window stickers. I refused to buy membership until those came back(I assumed at the time they came with the packets)
I had some additional perspective on some of that drama because there was another piece to it that involved Dennis Reinhart. It was so long ago that I don't have much recollection of the details, but I once did some minor one-off project or task on his website as well, probably a year or two before he started messing with people and either bullying or screwing them over which led to DIAFA.

As far as the club membership, I originally got it for the vendor discounts. It was kind of useless once I realized the vendors didn't care if you were an active member and never checked, so I didn't renew after that one year.

Administrator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
I had some additional perspective on some of that drama because there was another piece to it that involved Dennis Reinhart. It was so long ago that I don't have much recollection of the details, but I once did some minor one-off project or task on his website as well, probably a year or two before he started messing with people and either bullying or screwing them over which led to DIAFA.

As far as the club membership, I originally got it for the vendor discounts. It was kind of useless once I realized the vendors didn't care if you were an active member and never checked, so I didn't renew after that one year.
I nearly forgot about Dennis Reinhart, also a bit before my time but when I first started going to club meets and general Ford centric car shows I would hear his name pop up a lot talking tech, it was a mixture of horror stories and praise lol

On the subject of membership that was the other thing with Bill, he seemed to strongly encourage or even demand Moderators pony up to set an example, I remember one night in IRC he popped in seemingly just to question why their title still said 鈥渕embership expired鈥 in the big red bold caps they displayed as FOREVER once you let it lapse. I got made a moderator by GuitarMaestro after the site was sold to the first company that paid Bill to use his server to run decently and being I never sprung for membership, I remember I think JamesD remarked something along the lines of 鈥測ou鈥檙e a moderator but not a member? huh鈥 lol

Got a photo of what the sticker looked like? Iver never heard that name, so Ill go on a limb and assume none exist today. But if theres a photo I can have one made.

Nope, not sure what it looked like either, I was in like 4th grade back then, at that time I thought my first car was surely going to be a 94 Viper not a 94 Cougar 馃槅

Registered
Got a photo of what the sticker looked like? Iver never heard that name, so Ill go on a limb and assume none exist today. But if theres a photo I can have one made.
Photo?? 馃ぃ

More like an actual photograph if one even exists. Back then cel phones were just phones. You had to scan pictures to get them on the computer.

Birdcats was basically one general forum section .. same with TCCOA in the very beginning. This was about 20 years ago. 馃

Super Moderator
Birdcat isn't even showing up, related to Thunderbirds/Cougars, save for links to TCCoA In The Early Days (like 2001 ...)

TCCoA Tech Articles (archive.org)

Of course, the emblem MAY be at the bottom of some of the old pages like TCCoA ChatRoom (archive.org) .

Heh.

Disclaimer: I still run the IRC channel that I claim is afflicted - err, aflliated - with TCCoA; but there's usually nobody there but me, Matt, and a 'bot.

irc.nightstart.net - #tccoa .

RwP

Reactions: CDsDontBurn

Super Moderator
I hit the irc when the site is dead. :)
I joined after I bought the Red Cougar and took the tranny out, 03 0r so.
I think I Bought the lifetime membership option for $200. :)
I was amazed when Yall made me a mod.

I Put antifreeze in Lazarus, and let it run for a while. I also got to visit with the Tbird today, I had to explain the variable ratio springs, and how to set it into a corner.
The Tokico's still feel good at ~8yo at this point.

Administrator
1997 Thunderbird LX
I had some additional perspective on some of that drama because there was another piece to it that involved Dennis Reinhart. It was so long ago that I don't have much recollection of the details,
If I remember, he was rebuilding transmissions and burning chips and tunes and things weren't actually on the straight and narrow. KD put a write up together and has a sticky thread at the top of the Drive Train forum. I think basically calling Dennis out, I'm pretty sure he also threatened legal action.

Joe

Reactions: Irv
21 - 40 of 46 Posts