TCCoA Forums banner
41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,919 Posts
Those guys found all the limitations of the 4r70; all that bullshit they were hawking as secret sauce is the stuff that is the jmod.
That still misses the major problem, which is the scarf cut shaft seals.
Jmod, new accumulators,carbon fiber bands,one piece seals and the mech diode fixes ALL the issues.

·
Super Moderator
1997 Thunderbird 4.6, 1998 Mark VIII LSC
10,696 Posts
Didn't DD build a TC and trans for Bill's car, which basically "bought" him free run of the place for all those years? I remember the back-and-forth between him and Darrin pretty well.

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
All this old school drama flashback stuff. Like, sure, I joined in 2009, but I was such a super n00b back then that I just wanted to know how to what the gear disengaging when making a turn (left or right) meant. That's about the time that my front pump seal started going, but I wasn't aware of it at the time.

Flash forward time to today, and now I'm full of all this theoretical knowledge itching to put it into practical knowledge!

·
Administrator
14,092 Posts
Didn't DD build a TC and trans for Bill's car, which basically "bought" him free run of the place for all those years? I remember the back-and-forth between him and Darrin pretty well.
Never heard that, but it wouldn’t surprise me if that were the case.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts