TCCoA Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 191 Posts

·
Sir Will's Better Half
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who do not know, I am Bill's (Sir William) wife. I've tried to sit on the sidelines and not interfere with the goings on of the club. Sorry, but I can't do that any longer. When what happens in this car club starts to affect my husband and my family, I can no longer sit quietly by.

I am posting now partially because of the post made here:

http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php?t=62650

Some of the people posting on this site seem to think that this is the only thing Bill does. You are very wrong. He has a life outside of this car club and website, although sometimes it doesn't seem like it. He has a four year old daughter and a wife that would love to have more time with him...but he seems to always have a problem to take care of on the site or with the server. This website and club do NOT pay our housenote or our bills or buy food for our family. Yet it seems that Bill spends more time here trying to keep everyone happy. How many of you know of the trips we've had to take to Springfield and later to Chicago to take care of issues and/or move the server? Those times weren't vacations and the time he took off from his "paying" job wasn't paid vacation either.

I've seen posts suggesting that there is something "shady" going on with club money and suggesting a financial report. How absurd! If you were to see a "financial report" you would see that this club does not pay for itself quite often and Bill is constantly stressing over how to keep it going. For some reason I have encouraged him to not shut down the club. Sometimes I wonder why. So many of you come in just to get "free info" or to complain about something. To you this is just a forum or car club. But it isn't that way to Bill. He has put more time into this club than anyone could ever imagine....let alone appreciate. (If this statement offends any members that have honestly helped out, it is not intended to do so)

To those who have complained about not receiving a t shirt that you ordered, I am sorry. I can personally vouch for the fact that we've had problems with the local shirt shop. If you've paid and not received your shirt, I am sorry but it will be taken care of as soon as possible. There is still a box of MN12 nationals shirts sitting here that we paid for and didn't sell. We didn't want to run into that problem with the TCCOA shirts so we order them as needed. However, we can't just call and order a single shirt unless we want to pay a lot more for them. As for the member that ordered a shirt in September and didn't receive it, I know that we have shipped several times since then because I have personally packed the shirts to ship and labeled the packages. So before you jump to conclusions perhaps you would like to call the post office? I'm guessing not. Trust me, it's not easy to get any answers from them. You will receive your shirt, even though we'll end up having to pay for it out of our pockets.

To those of you who have made donations to keep the club going, I sincerely appreciate it. To those of you who wish to continue to make trouble and complain, remember that this is a car club and it's not a life or death business. You may think Sir William has an obligation to you, but there are more important things than that "obligation" to you or this club. Before you start complaining about the time it takes to receive member packets or t shirts or raffle prizes...stop and think about the time that Bill has given up with his wife and family to keep the TCCOA running. If it isn't enough for you, then to h*ll with the club and let me and my daughter have Daddy to ourselves.

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Sandi,

I guess I’ll be the first to reply to this post.

First let me say that I highly respect what Bill does for this club/forum, and I also understand completely what it takes to run the club.

HOWEVER, I feel that the issues that have been raised in the past are legitimate complaints.

The main one is the raffle. When over a $1,000 is collected for a raffle but the winning person does not receive the prize, is it not right for him to ask questions?!?!

How long should a person wait for something that they have paid for? Just answer that question. One month, two months, three months, … a year? At what point do YOU consider it fair and legitimate for someone to complain about money spend without receiving the product?

And on a personal level, when Bill requested help, I have offered on numerous occasions TO HELP but at no time did I even receive a reply. And I know that I am not the only person on this board that has offered services, only to be ignored. Which is pretty insulting to be ignored when someone is asking for help but they will not accept any help offered.

I am a paying member and I had planned on giving $100 to the “help the club fund”, but due to your letter I will not. I have NEVER received ANY membership packet even though I have renewed my membership (And I will mention that on one occasion my membership was going to lapse and I emailed Bill and asked what I needed to do to renew it. Gee imagine this: no reply!! So my opinion is that if I am offering to give someone money, and they don’t want it…. I’ll just keep it.)

Your statement: “I've seen posts suggesting that there is something "shady" going on with club money and suggesting a financial report. How absurd! If you were to see a "financial report" you would see that this club does not pay for itself quite often and Bill is constantly stressing over how to keep it going.” has a VERY simple remedy: Post the financial report. If you want people to shut up about a financial situation, then quite saying “How absurd”, and just post the report. I’m sorry, but that solution is so simple, it makes me wonder why it was not posted in the first place. So let me ask this: Why is the financial report not posted? And no I do not think anything “shady” is going on, but I would like to see where all the money goes. And maybe if we see where the main operating expenses are, we (as a few thousand people), can come up with alternate solutions!!

To end, let me reiterate that I like this club and I also understand where you are coming from. But at the same time I also feel that many of the issues that have repeatedly been brought to the surface are legitimate concerns.

And finally, if Bill unable to continue to support/manage this club/forum, maybe he should…..ACCEPT HELP THAT IS OFFERED!!!!!!! :redmad:

Patiently awaiting to be banned. :zwall:

·
Banned
3,083 Posts
I am replying to both threads...this one and the link that Sandi posted. I have personally talked to bill on the phone about the finances, and I am aware as well as some of the other mods are. Hence why I stepped up and took over member packets. I ask this...Have you ever been screwed over royally? if so, do you continue to do what you did that you got screwed over on?

Point being, Last member packet person stole...STOLE a lot of money from the club...This cannot be taken back. It took me about 3 hrs on the phone with bill to convince him that Heather and I were trust worthy...Same goes for me taking over GPs. Trust has to be earned and can't just be "given" away...especially here. A lot of people have lost my trust here...All because everyone has to be right, or know more, etc.

WTF happened to "we are a family"? we used to be one and everything was fine. Bill has a job, a wife, and a family, just as many of us do...How many people have you seen "give up" on modding their car, or even selling their car b/c a new baby is on this way? They have given up b/c it is a lot to handle...If you DON'T have a wife and kid, then you need to bak off...Being a parent and spouse isn't a cake walk...Like everything else, they require a lot of time and devotion (IF you want them to stick around).

With all of this being said, take it as you will...When I came here, this was a great place...very few (if any) flame wars, name calling, etc...Now it is just getting rediculous. If you are dissatisfied with the way things are going, and can't understand what it takes...then leave.

This isn't directed at any particular person, but the people who don't have a clue what is involved. You suggested people helping etc...well, write a tech article and send it over to a mod...and let them get it updated...No need for "permission" to help out, take some initiative and just do it. and let the mods and sir Will get the place up to date.

Shane

Sorry to be so harsh, but I am tired of it...as far as member packets go, we ARE gettting them done.

·
Premium Member
3,247 Posts
Sandi, I apppreciate your response to these issues. We all understand how everyone has other things going on in their life that are way more important (myself included) than this web-site. My post count is way way down, for the very same reasons.

I talked to Sir Will on the phone once (to help him test out the new software for joining) and he sure is a nice guy. I got the impression that he is a stand up guy.

What gets frustrating to some here is the lack of detailed answers to certain questions that almost all other "pay-for-membership" clubs provide up front.

1. How many paying members are there? I asked twice way back, and my PM's were never answered. Even JT did not know the answer to that question. WHy should that be a secret?

2. Where does the dues money go? Personally, I don't care, (as I have stated before).
I have always said that Sir William should be able to profit from this club.

With all due respect to you Sandi, and Sir William, you both do not seem to understand the seriousness of accepting payment for items, and then not delivering them (whether in a timely manner or not) . Your response to those that question this, makes me feel that way.

You are legally responsible for providing these items, and people are entitled to know when they will receive them. Answers such as "be patient", "in time" will not cut it.

The hotel fiasco is terrible. This contract should never have been entered where you are stuck paying for these unused rooms. There's no point in Monday morning quarterbacking this one, but for Pete's sake, have a lawyer read the contract next time.

And again, as I mentioned on the "other" thread, I would love to see Sir William succeed with TCCoA, and will offer any assistance needed. I pointed out certain issues that I felt were stumbling blocks to people coughing up $40 for membership. While some of the issues may seem trivial to some, they do affect in a large way, how people perceive this club, and will directly affect them wanting to join or not.

If anyone "takes" my posts in any way other then as constructive criticism, then I apologize.

·
Registered
101 Posts
94 Daily Driven 4.6L said:
I am a paying member and I had planned on giving $100 to the “help the club fund”, but due to your letter I will not. I have NEVER received ANY membership packet even though I have renewed my membership (And I will mention that on one occasion my membership was going to lapse and I emailed Bill and asked what I needed to do to renew it. Gee imagine this: no reply!! So my opinion is that if I am offering to give someone money, and they don’t want it…. I’ll just keep it.)
Well, the membership package thing is being taken care of. I never recieved mine until I spotted the post that Shane and Heather had taken over handling them. I dropped them a PM like it asked, and I received my packet promptly. If you haven't recieved yours, you should drop them a PM and let them know.

Running a site like this takes a lot of time and it sounds like Bill is trying to do much of it himself. It is nearly an impossible task unless that is ALL you do. While I could offer my services to help deal with the servers (I am a system/network administrator), why would Bill accept my help? He doesn't know me and if I screw stuff up, who will ultimately get the blame? Bill will get the blame.

I can understand the frustration of the deal with the raffles and t-shirts. It looks bad and it is hard to get support from new members when stuff like this happens. I think Bill has been slammed enough for now. How about we give him some time and see if he can get it straightened out now?

Matt

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Sxar said:
Well, the membership package thing is being taken care of. I never recieved mine until I spotted the post that Shane and Heather had taken over handling them. I dropped them a PM like it asked, and I received my packet promptly. If you haven't recieved yours, you should drop them a PM and let them know.
The membership packet really doesn’t bother me… however, I have NEVER received a packet and that is not just from this latest renewal. And as for PM'ing someone… well, they emailed me saying I was up for renewal. I renewed. How hard should it be to add my name to a list of those that are due a membership packet…. Especially since they contacted me first. Maybe I’m asking too much, but I just don’t understand what the problem is. But like I said, I really don’t care about the packet, because there is a whole lot more that I get out of the board/club than the packet. :thumbsup:

Sxar said:
… why would Bill accept my help? He doesn't know me and if I screw stuff up, who will ultimately get the blame? Bill will get the blame.
Maybe because he asked for it!!! A while ago there was a general post discussing things to help the board, such as updating the tech articles, etc. I offered my services (multiple times).... but never got any reply saying no thanks, screw you, or anything.

Sxar said:
..How about we give him some time and see if he can get it straightened out now?
Fair enough…. What is the timeframe?!?! If you buy something from someone, how long do you wait? One month, two, three, a year?

I honestly think that before you start interjecting your thoughts, you should be aware of some of these things that have been going on for well over a year.

And please don’t get me wrong, I am not “slamming Bill”… shoot he’s bigger than I am and could body slam me in a minute. :tongue: I fully realize what he does, and I have a very high regard for his honesty and integrity!! While he and I may disagree on multiple subjects, I have never doubted his sincerity!! :thumbsup:

I definitely do not want this club/board to go away. And I hate this internal fighting. But I think there are VERY valid issues that need to be resolved or at least addressed in a factual manner. :thumbsup:

And yes, some of these things are small, "unimportant" issues, but it is an "as a whole" that it gets to being a serious issue! :beek:

And on that note: Bill, KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!! :thumbsup: :bowdown: :bowdown: :thumbsup:

Has my membership packet shipped yet..... :D :rofl: :leftright

·
Registered
101 Posts
I answer to the top post:
Ma'am, with all due respect, your answer doesn't respond to the basic issue. Offer, acceptance, consideration came together. The goods were not delivered to this particular buyer (If you did not use delivery confirmation, how will you know?). "Trust me, your goods will come" is not a proper legal or business answer. Its also not professioal. After all this time, you are in breach of contract. Simple and direct. It really doesn't matter what other issues are revolving out there in your lives. They are irrelevant...in terms of this issue. If you sent the goods, provide the delivery confirmation number. If you haven't sent the goods, touch base with buyer on a regular basis or refund. I'm sure he'll understand. Stonewalling or righteous indignation don't respond nor resolve the basic issue.

That said, I wish you well in your personal and professional endeavors. I am not looking for a troll or childish answer. My response is to those issues as you presented them. I've offered help of a professional nature to Bill in another post...but reading here, I doubt I will hear from him. Your choice. But if you don't get professional help in your other endeavors, such as signing contracts that hold you personally liable (and I'd be happy to review them for you), you are making mistakes on top of mistakes.

R. Wilms, Esq.
Actively reading and considering support to this club endeavor.

·
Registered
453 Posts
How sad things have to be like this. I'll preface my comments by stating I'm not a paying member here, but I do offer advice and try to help my fellow MN12 owners whenever I can.
Seeing all the bad blood and management problems doesn't entice me either. I think this site is a great source of info and it would be nice to see it continue. However, I'm afraid if things continue as they are, it will be in serious jeopardy.

It's sad to see the club president getting into trouble. While I do agree there is much more to life than a car club, it is not fair for the paying members and club supporters to be ignored or put off for so long.

Sounds to me, if the club is being that intrusive and disruptive to your personal lives then it is time to seriously consider turning over the keys to someone else that can put in the time and effort necessary to run the club as a creditable outlet for all that support it.

My comments are in no way meant to put down Sir William, I have personally met him once and I concur with others he seems to be a stand up guy. How long has Bill been the president? Is there anything that says he has to be president for life?
No need to kick a good man when he's down, but at the same time don't penalize the club by trying to run it if it is too much to handle.

Perhaps the club could be run by a group of members for awhile and that way not one person would be over taxed with trying to do too much.

·
Registered
101 Posts
The membership packet really doesn’t bother me… however, I have NEVER received a packet and that is not just from this latest renewal. And as for PM'ing someone… well, they emailed me saying I was up for renewal. I renewed. How hard should it be to add my name to a list of those that are due a membership packet…. Especially since they contacted me first. Maybe I’m asking too much, but I just don’t understand what the problem is. But like I said, I really don’t care about the packet, because there is a whole lot more that I get out of the board/club than the packet. :thumbsup:
As I understood it, Shane and Heather did not have access to the info on past members that had not received their packet. Shane can clear up why a PM was necessary. It looks like they are notified of all new members though so I would mark that as completed. One step in the fixing the ship.

Fair enough…. What is the timeframe?!?! If you buy something from someone, how long do you wait? One month, two, three, a year?

I honestly think that before you start interjecting your thoughts, you should be aware of some of these things that have been going on for well over a year.
Oh, I know these things have been going on for quite some time. I am just saying that I haven't seen the outcry that has been happening recently and Bill has heard it, so give him some time to see if he makes progress on it now.

I think we agree on many points and concerns, but I just think we need to let Bill try and make things right now.

Matt

·
Premium Member
4,161 Posts
Sxar, as was discussed, we sent packets to ALL members who had joined in the 6 months prior. All others before that needed to ask for their packets if they still wanted one. Nothing complex there.

·
Registered
513 Posts

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
As I've been on Tccoa for several years now, I have read alot. Sir Will always tries to be upfront and honest on every matter. Albeit that he is still human, he faults every once in a while like the best of us. I've seen countless members banned and then offered a chance to redemm themselves. The list goes on and on. Sir Will sounds like a great guy on the phone also, but it seems that right now he is having a hard time carrying all the load that he has imposed on HIMSELF. BUT why has he taken on soo much ... answer is simple and I dont think alot see this. He has trust issues. Like was stated above. BUT why the trust issues, who is he watching out for? NOT only for his liability but all of us that enjoy the website. Even with this said, I think that as much as the members on here have a sense of trust and dignity for Sir Will, has he not come to see this in some of us here that are willing to help bear this load?

As for the raffle, I am willing to wait patiently, for now. I like everyone else have a threshold before becoming impatient. To some its not very long, but hopefully long enough. I'll tell my story of my last request. I work offshore away from home & family for 28 days at a time with only limited text email and even more limited calls on company satellite phone. I came back home from my last hitch and sent email and PM to Sir Will inquiring if there was any progress and if there were, I gave some details as to what I was interested in. Several days passed but I was not upset. So I started reading around and came to a this post ... well like I stated it was more a hope and inquiry that maybe I could've gotten the laptop before my next lonely month on the boat. I am more than willing to wait, but it was point of a seemingly passive answer. Sir Will hadnt mentioned email or PM, which was a means to allow him time to "get back to me". I am in no way believing that I wont get the raffle prize, but will make it a point to stay informed.

Since I have been offshore I have alot of time to read also. The books im reading ensures me that even through trials and tribulations; the hardships of this world will be rewarded. I feel that Sir Will is a god fearing man, so with this I pray that you will endure.

·
Stroked and Blown
2,395 Posts
I would just like to have another sticker because I seem to have misplaced mine somewhere. :zdunno:

Also, I think a good idea would be to ban everyone who is NOT a paying member but ONLY posts in the political forums.

·
Chief of Warranty Police
1,492 Posts
Alright, I may not be one of the better-known members here, but I've been around long enough to see how things were, how they are, and how they're turning out.

Personally, I think this current unrest within is a load of bullsh*t. I've read all the complaints, the arguments and the defenses. And while most of you present valid complaints, I simply cannot understand why such an uproar has arisen as a result. It's like the damn Political Forum right here in the Club Forum.

I'm not making this post as an argument, but I am taking sides. Here I am basically offering my feelings toward the situation for what it's worth.

Personally, I have a boatload of problems in my life that I have to deal with. Sure, they may not match others', but it's enough to overwhelm me. The TCCoA has become a part of my life, and I have no problem donating whatever I can for whatever purpose. Let's say I pay for something from the club, like a raffle or something. I'm in no hurry for anything, take your time. I have bigger things to swallow- not getting something I paid for on time by a trusted source is the least of my concerns.

Bill, I don't know you all that well, in fact, barely. I do know that you are a man of your word, however. Personally, I know that that is worth, and it's good enough for me. I understand the situation you're in, but I can only pray for the best. My offer for assistance in any way possible still stands, and you know how to get a hold of me. In fact, I await the day I can shake your hand; you're an honorable individual in my eyes. You have my support.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
LiquidCougar said:
.....Bill, I don't know you all that well, in fact, barely. I do know that you are a man of your word, however. Personally, I know that that is worth, and it's good enough for me. I understand the situation you're in, but I can only pray for the best. My offer for assistance in any way possible still stands, and you know how to get a hold of me. In fact, I await the day I can shake your hand; you're an honorable individual in my eyes. You have my support.
What he said.

Actually, being the constant optomist that I am, I see this recent unrest among the membership as a good thing. I'd call it "growing pains". Its a sign that the club is growing and expanding to the point that it has become very difficult for one or two people (even VERY honest, upstanding persons such as Sir Will) to manage the entire thing. I understand the trust issue, however if the club is to continue to grow then responsibilities will have to be delagated to others. There are people volunteering to take on these tasks. If SW would like to have help, but wants to ensure that these people are capable of the job at hand, then he should ask for resume's and references.

I, like LiquidCougar, have never met or even spoken to Sir Will. Though based on his postings on various topics here on the site I see him as a very honest, ethical person with a deep love of country, family, and (of course) MN-12's! I look forward to the chance to meet him.

Sandi, I'd like to think there are more women out there like you who are willing to give of themselves and thier families for an endevour such as this, and are also not afraid to speak out and defend said families. I'd say Sir Will is a lucky man.

Michael B. (Traveler)

·
Registered
573 Posts
I have a few suggestions for site management: 1) Get back to the basics. Use the pay to play rule. If your membership is not paid up to date, you only get to look. 2) Get rid of the forums that just promote people to post things that are not MN-12. I get sick reading about a kid's girlfriend problem or his computer hardrive problem or all about how he would pay you tuesday for a hamburger today. 3) Get rid of the membership packet BS. If it's not a pair of wheel ramps or a crawler, it's BS. 4) Raise the price of dues 100%. Your time needs to be compansated in the black, not the red. I would rather see 2000 people that want to keep these cars tip- top, than 4000 that just want to see their name on site saying that they don't have the money for a set of spark plug wires. This is not the Mickey Mouse Club. The parts to make the MN-12 go are not cheap. This should be a premium site. Get rid of the riff-Raff. High prices, keep Riff-Raff out and the players in. Some Kid bagging groceries should only be looking and learning. 5) Get sponsors to pay for the extravaganzas. Concider it a team. You need a good sponsor. 6) You will either make money or lose money. Time to pick a side. 7) Like "THE WHO" always said " Let's see action, let's see people, let's see freedom, let's see who cares.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
A simple Thank you to Sandi and Bill for there time and efforts.

I got my membership packet--Thank you Shane and Heather.

Regarless of what people have said Bill, Sandi I live near Chicago and if you have to come up here again I wouldn't mind helping you out.

Ernie

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
Hollywood Ed said:
I have a few suggestions for site management: 1) Get back to the basics. Use the pay to play rule. If your membership is not paid up to date, you only get to look. 2) Get rid of the forums that just promote people to post things that are not MN-12. I get sick reading about a kid's girlfriend problem or his computer hardrive problem or all about how he would pay you tuesday for a hamburger today. 3) Get rid of the membership packet BS. If it's not a pair of wheel ramps or a crawler, it's BS. 4) Raise the price of dues 100%. Your time needs to be compansated in the black, not the red. I would rather see 2000 people that want to keep these cars tip- top, than 4000 that just want to see their name on site saying that they don't have the money for a set of spark plug wires. This is not the Mickey Mouse Club. The parts to make the MN-12 go are not cheap. This should be a premium site. Get rid of the riff-Raff. High prices, keep Riff-Raff out and the players in. Some Kid bagging groceries should only be looking and learning. 5) Get sponsors to pay for the extravaganzas. Concider it a team. You need a good sponsor. 6) You will either make money or lose money. Time to pick a side. 7) Like "THE WHO" always said " Let's see action, let's see people, let's see freedom, let's see who cares.

Bill has stated COUNTLESS times he doesn't want to restrict the forums for paying members only. all of the other sites allow people to view and post, why should we restrict?

while some of us agree that the tech articles should be locked, or only 1 or 2 free viewings or something.. Bill has stated he doesn't really like that either

as far as the hotel bill... the big mistake was relying on people who SAID THEY WOULD SHOW UP.. but guess what? NEVER DID. now.. i was one of those people, but i got STUCK PAYING for MY room as well because they never mentioned their cancellation policy. now i'm sure Bill had to pay for that as well which means the hotel cashed out on that room right there. my reason for not going? i got stuck in the midst of 3 back-to-back storms that decided to screw up the area

while we're b*tching.. i'd like to take this moment to say i hate my boss. and i don't like 90% of the drivers in Florida, not a single one of them know how to drive, and gas prices suck, and i tired of those who ***** and moan and don't do anything to fix it..

everyone just needs to shut up i think....

·
Boom.
5,238 Posts
jamesD said:
while we're b*tching.. i'd like to take this moment to say i hate my boss. and i don't like 90% of the drivers in Florida, not a single one of them know how to drive, and gas prices suck, and i tired of those who ***** and moan and don't do anything to fix it..

everyone just needs to shut up i think....
:zwthstpd:

1 - 20 of 191 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.