TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What size tires will fit in the back of a 1991 T-bird LX with the 5.0? I'm lookin at a 15x10 for the back. Will those fit or will I need to get spacers... ect?

·
Premium Member
2,546 Posts
yeah I think you have to go larger diameter to get the wider wheels. I'm running 18x10 with the only issue being that my E brake cable was rubbing so I had to strap it to the control arm to get it out of the way.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I found a rim that I really like and think would look great on my T-bird. But I want to put 15x8s up front. But the rears I am debating between putting a 16x9 or putting a 15x10, I defiantly wouldn't mind if they stuck out a little bit though. I think that looks awesome especially on the T-bird since it was still kind of a hold on to the "muscle car"

·
50 years of Mercury Cougar 1967/2017
1,266 Posts
If you grind the caliper down enough you dont need a spacer.
If you guys are running them. Then the wheels wont stick out.
Thats a 15 x 8 with 5.5 backspacing.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How far are we talking about having to grind it down, because I am putting the Mustang 2 Pistons in the back. So I'm not so sure if I like the idea of grinding the caliper so much.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
15x8 won't work up front i don't believe, i'm not sure how the mustang calipers will fit, i had to grind a lot on my pbr fronts to fit the welds then slightly on the stock tbird rears to eliminate spacers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts