TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I thought I would share with you guys some physical progress I have made.

What you see here is a 15 month progression. I started in February 2011 when the first photo was taken and the second photo is May 2012. I am an "ectomorph" body type meaning I am a hard -gainer body type. I am 6'5" tall and very stretched out. (You should see me with a helmet on in the car at the track with the seat back and arms fully extended so I don't hit the headliner LOL) I never imagined how far I would get in this time and "Giving Back" Session 1 begins this Thursday at the YMCA in St. Paul with a very enthusiastic person that I have had the opportunity to speak with. She is determined to get back in shape. In high school she was very active in the gym and brought herself to 3 months out from a bodybuilding competition and then a car accident changed her life. She has been slowly getting back into the groove. My goal is to help make drastic changes in the way she looks and feels about herself. This is the last and final step for me to act upon as laid out in the famous speech by Arnold in which he goes over the 6 rules to success. "Give Something Back"

I am very determined mentally to take on my challenges but to also help other people with theirs. I am excited about fitness and even put my car on the back burner for awhile to focus on my program when I had a month-long illness back in December and I knew I needed to get back into my routine. Cars are definitely a hobby for me. I enjoy them, but bodybuilding is something that I have adopted as a way of life. If I put as much effort into my Mark VIII as I do with fitness, my car would be running 10s by now. :tongue: Stupid priorities. I might need an intervention. :tongue:

As a side note, aside from whatever some people's opinions are about Arnold Schwarzaneggar and his steroid use, I still respect the guy. I am an all-natural bodybuilder and my goal is to one day look like him. I have always been a person that sets lofty goals. Goals that would make most people laugh hysterically. That's what pushes me harder and makes me strive to become the best and one day overcome my skinny genetics that I was born with. One of his other rules to success is "Avoid the Naysayers" and that's exactly what I do.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Good story. I'm a hard gainer myself. Decided to finally do something about it. I'm 6 foot, was 160 now 172. Short term goal right now is bulk up to 180 using deadlifts, squats, benches and core work, then cut back down to 170 then hyphotrophy a little while. Then bulk cut bulk cut lol. Your right though, takes a lot to do it right. Especially the nutrition part. If it wasn't for wanting to look good and be healthy my car to would be a step up. I love my car but (can't believe I'm saying this) there is other stuff important in life. Keep up the good work.

·
Super Moderator
11,919 Posts
Awesome! You've come a long way. It looks like you've got a death grip on that phone. LOL

Keep up the good work. I need to get a handle on my diet and fitness as well.

5'11" / 185 here. I'd like to get back down to around 175 where I was at when I was in the Army. I'm the lean ecto/mesomorph type.

·
Super Moderator
11,919 Posts
You're killing me Oscar.

Damn that looks sooooooooooooooooooo good!

·
Super Moderator
11,919 Posts
I work out 5 days a week also.. finally benched 235 =D not to bad for being 5'9 and 180lbs. tryna reach the 300lb club by the end of the summer.
Don't hurt yourself. Make sure your spotters can lift the weight too!

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
I got your nutrition right here
:D
So GM what time do I need to be over for dinner? Lmao. You have got to stop tempting us East coasters with those good eats! Maybe you should come to Summer Blast in NC and cook us up some viddles! haha. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
That is A LOT of meat! How many you planning on having for dinner?

·
Super Moderator
11,919 Posts
I got your nutrition right here ...

:D
So GM what time do I need to be over for dinner? Lmao. You have got to stop tempting us East coasters with those good eats! Maybe you should come to Summer Blast in NC and cook us up some viddles! haha. :rolleyes:
LOL

Well, Summer Blast is in West Va. in late August and the Carolina Thunder meet is at Rockingham/Fayetteville, NC over Thanksgiving weekend and/or the following weekend.

And man, GM, I'd fly you to NC to cook like that for us!

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
Nice progress man. I dont know what I am body type but I am 155 now and Ive been trying to stay active and improve my shape because of an injury and my muscles arent the same. I can say Im good shape vs years ago. I really watch what I eat now and make my own food its been a world of an improvement. Thats some awesome nice bbq btw makes me hungry.

·
Super Moderator
4,901 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
Y'know, I've seen cows hurt worse than that get up after a decent dose of antibiotics and walk ...

RwP

(who prefers his meat cooked, not raw!)
Looks delicious to me (and aparently Oscar thinks so too)! :tongue:

Overcooking and drying out the meat leaves like a good steak like eating a piece of jerky...

·
Registered
454 Posts
Looking great man, its amazing just seeing how much more proud you are in the second picture, a little bit of time in the gym each day makes a world of difference.

N8tive man dont kill yourself, in the Air force i worked out every day and got huge im 5'8 went from 160 to 185lbs bench 4 rep 310 max bench 345. And that did nothing for me haha. Im not a power lifter anymore bench max 240 and just all around stay in shape its much better imo. Eat what you want and if you miss a day o well.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Great progress! I also started lifting pretty heavily for about 18 months now and have had some nice gains. I started out at 125 lbs and my bench max was 135. Now I weigh 137 lbs and my bench max is 200. Its really hard for me to put on weight but its all been muscle. I think I have some pictures of before and after I will have to look around for them. Do you drink any kind of protein shakes or take creatine? I have been taking mass gainer from optimum nutriton (but I stopped for a little bit- I need to get back on it asap.)

Actually I need to head over to GM's house then I will never have to drink protein again lol. And it will taste a lot better

·
Registered
839 Posts
Do you drink any kind of protein shakes or take creatine?
I used to drink 40 grams of whey protein mixed with 20 grams of casesin protein after every workout. The creatine i was taking was called "Con-Cret" is a creatine hydrochloride, Good stuff until i started having some abdomanal pains and irregular bowl movements so i put a kabosh on that stuff. I've been going all natural for about 2 months now.

N8tive man dont kill yourself, in the Air force i worked out every day and got huge im 5'8 went from 160 to 185lbs bench 4 rep 310 max bench 345. And that did nothing for me haha. Im not a power lifter anymore bench max 240 and just all around stay in shape its much better imo. Eat what you want and if you miss a day o well.
Thats what my goal is lol, to look like "AhhhNold!" back in the day lol. I told my girlfriend that i'ma get so buff that she is gonna have to wipe my butt lmao!!:rofl:

Don't hurt yourself. Make sure your spotters can lift the weight too!
I try not to hurt myself lol. I make sure i got a spotter who can help or if nobodys around i usually leave the collars off so if it gets to heavy i could just lean and dump it lol.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts