TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Yes, it's hard to get past the mailbox letters on the core support.

It's hard to qualify for "sleeper" status with a triple gauge A pillar. That's the first thing I noticed.

And there is an unfortunate choice of words - "the fuel system has been embiggened....".:facepalm:

Al

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I do have a sneaky suspicion that it's probably not much of a sleeper, more of a wake up the neighbors from their sleep when it's started....

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
I bet the price is set so high so that his Mustang's car payment can be more manageable after he refinances it!!

The core support lettering may qualify this for the ghetto thread, no matter how much other good there is. God I hate when MN12s/FN10s pop up on the blogs.
Why do you hate it?

·
Super Moderator
17,042 Posts
I bet the price is set so high so that his Mustang's car payment can be more manageable after he refinances it!!

Why do you hate it?
Because lousy examples are often featured due to big eyebrow raising price tags attracting more attention than what the car is, good or bad. Hence how it ended up in the super creative sounding for the early 90s segment called "nice car or crack pipe?", asking commenters, many of whom's knowledge of cars came primarily from other Jalopnik articles, to vote on. Jalopnik is too incestious to discuss cars with such a small cult following.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Jalopnik is fun in its own way. It's more of a manual/diesel/wagon type of hipster automotive enthusiasts but its all good hearted stuff.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Because lousy examples are often featured due to big eyebrow raising price tags attracting more attention than what the car is, good or bad. Hence how it ended up in the super creative sounding for the early 90s segment called "nice car or crack pipe?", asking commenters, many of whom's knowledge of cars came primarily from other Jalopnik articles, to vote on. Jalopnik is too incestious to discuss cars with such a small cult following.
So what if it appeared in say, Motor Trend or Car and Driver?

·
Super Moderator
17,042 Posts
Jalopnik is fun in its own way. It's more of a manual/diesel/wagon type of hipster automotive enthusiasts but its all good hearted stuff.
It's fun in the read headline - scroll straight to comments sense, but Kinja makes that a pain in the ass. The site content itself? It seems like they just like generating lots and lots of content per day, and the quality of the articles themselves reflects that.

So what if it appeared in say, Motor Trend or Car and Driver?
Why would it? Their focuses are first and foremost new cars. Either way, no. I don't believe there is a journalist for any publication/website/YouTube channel that has enough knowledge about one of these today to make a fair and accurate assessment about them to expose to the masses.

If you're expecting wide exposure to suddenly make these cars hot items, keep dreaming.

·
Premium Member
515 Posts
Our cars had a little moment in the sun when they were regularly featured in "Ford Builder" magazine a few years back. The magazine could be found on most news stands, but only lasted for a year or two. I believe that one of the main editors was an active member here.

Now Phatbird is wanting to build up his YouTube channel. Support it. Share it. Spread it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts