Super Moderator
12,401 Posts
11.78 @ 114

:tongue:

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys I think Robert will chime in on something lower from what I understand:D The new pully will be installed tomorrow AM.

·
West Virginia Chapter Director /, MA Drag Race Te
2,643 Posts
11..6 @ 117 MPH! Low 1.6 60 f t.

Good luck today Darren and be safe. Have fun guys!!!

What are your mods again?

·
Super Moderator
12,401 Posts
11..6 @ 117 MPH! Low 1.6 60 f t.

Good luck today Darren and be safe. Have fun guys!!!

What are your mods again?
Same mods as mine with the exception of an iron block, smaller pulley than I have (3.3" vs 3.4") and an electric water pump. Check his sig and gallery for details.

Edit: I found this interesting boost chart for the M112 while doing some research.

http://planetsoarer.com/boost/boost.htm

·
West Virginia Chapter Director /, MA Drag Race Te
2,643 Posts
I knew it was an overbored block, wasn't sure if it were aluminum or cast. Also, what PI heads are you running. Stock or ported PI's and what stage cams?

You guys should be pretty close.

·
Super Moderator
12,401 Posts
I knew it was an overbored block, wasn't sure if it were aluminum or cast. Also, what PI heads are you running. Stock or ported PI's and what stage cams?

You guys should be pretty close.
Yea, we should be very close! He may even have an edge on me.

As far as I know, he has the same Comp XE268H cams that I have. The heads we both have are stock PI heads.

See here for the 268 cam grind specs.

http://www.compcams.com/Company/CC/cam-specs/Details.aspx?csid=966&sb=1

Edit: Here's the 274 specs.

http://www.compcams.com/Company/CC/cam-specs/Details.aspx?csid=967&sb=0

I'm not sure why he has both listed in his signature. It's either one or the other.

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Traction was awful today, But I did match my best time 12.39 @109 60ft 1.70, And shredded a GatorBack belt :eek: Gates here from now on:cool:Also dury in M/Ts by this spring/summer.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Traction was awful today, But I did match my best time 12.39 @109 60ft 1.70, And shredded a GatorBack belt :eek: Gates here from now on:cool:Also dury in M/Ts by this spring/summer.
Good decision Darren, Gates belts are unmatched in quality and service life. I've had a gates on the cougar now for 5 years and it doesn't even have a single small split or crack in it.

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yep Ian the chief here agrees , And Robert today might not have been a good day for me, But man I can feel that thing pulling so much better now ;) And nothing to fry some tires :D . Good Traction tires will be on before this summer :cool:

Ian Roberts pass in her destroyed the belt LOL

·
Super Moderator
12,401 Posts
What tires were you using today?

BTW, I love my Nitto's :D

And which cams do you have? They can't be both 268 and 274.

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ron the TQs would not to nothing, put the 15" BFGs on and still some spin but much better, M/Ts in the furture. Cams I got what robert recommened.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Now I know why he has both numbers in his sig lol. Intake 268 Exhaust 274 The part number is the xe268h. Which is the same cam your running right Ron?

Oh and Ron you could have had a torch on your tires today, and you still would not have hooked lol. I spun on almost every pass, and my second pass I literally came to a stop 10 ft from the start from spinning. I still have a stock bird btw, did not do the mods yet. I was caught completely off guard by me breaking loose considering my bird is still stock lol.

·
Super Moderator
1997 Thunderbird 4.6, 1998 Mark VIII LSC
9,432 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,401 Posts
Ron the TQs would not to nothing, put the 15" BFGs on and still some spin but much better, M/Ts in the future. Cams I got what Robert recommended.
http://i775.photobucket.com/albums/yy39/angelia-01/cams001.jpg
Ah, thanks for the pick. Yea, those are the XE268H cams. Fix your sig Darren. :tongue:

You can also check out the link to the cam grind specs that I posted above if you're interested.

Now I know why he has both numbers in his sig lol. Intake 268 Exhaust 274 The part number is the xe268h. Which is the same cam your running right Ron?

Oh and Ron you could have had a torch on your tires today, and you still would not have hooked lol. I spun on almost every pass, and my second pass I literally came to a stop 10 ft from the start from spinning. I still have a stock bird btw, did not do the mods yet. I was caught completely off guard by me breaking loose considering my bird is still stock lol.
Yes, those are the same cams I have. You're mistaken, actually intake is 267 not 268 and exhaust is 273 not 274. (According to the box) - The grind sheet shows 268/274 duration. So yea, that makes sense.

That sucks about track prep today. In my experience Rockingham rarely gets it right and if they do it's usually late in the day. I made my best runs late in the day at Rockingham right before they shut the track down for the night.

Fayetteville does a much better job with track prep.

That surprises me that you shredded a belt. Good thing you had a spare. :thumbsup:

I've been running mine since Rob finished my build in late 2009. I'll have to give it a good inspection. ;) :D

It may be time to replace mine as well ...

1 - 20 of 112 Posts