TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to get everyone's thoughts on some good sleepers. The T-Bird, Cougar and Mark8 are great. But what about a 9C1 Caprice? I would say $3,000 spent the right way on a Mark8 and the Caprice would get you into the 13's, but I'm not for sure. Would make for some interesting faces on young rice boys.

·
Motorboatin' SOB, Headlight Cleaning Guru
6,910 Posts
i think v8 buicks are pretty good sleepers. i had the idea a while back of buying an SC and swapping the ground effects with LX body panels. theres a sleeper for ya.

·
Registered
148 Posts
95-99 Monte Carlos did it for me. Everyone refered to them as "granny cars", but the Z34's were underestimated in my opinion. I thought they looked pretty good, and had decent speed on them. I wonder about the new Bonnevilles too...

·
Moderator, Red Sox Nation Rabid Fan, TCCoAAC Found
3,165 Posts
wait... isnt that a volvo?

a 302 volvo?!

I think these are the best sleepers....

These are always my favorite sleepers, There was a guy in Connecticut that had a 95 Volvo wagon with a Supercharged 302 and a T-5, that thing was sweet....It was funny the only thing that gave it off was the dual exhaust, i mean the thing even had a baby seat in it....

·
Registered
293 Posts
The ultimate sleepers are the Buick turbo Regals from the 80s. Most people saw it as another cheap grannycruiser, but those damn things could move, and they're cheap and easy to modify. Most people will fear a Grand National, but nobody suspects the turbo Regal.

Both of my cars are good sleepers, too. Nobody I've talked to has ever suspected the XR7 was a 5.0 before I told them. Even though it's heavy, it's still fast enough to whip most ricers.

The Formula does it, too. Since it doesn't have the massive (and ugly, IMO) Trans Am wing, GFX, or front clip, everybody thinks it's just another V6 'bird and not an LS1. A kid in a newer Eclipse already found out the hard way.

·
MAMN12 Posse Member
2,903 Posts
My friend has a Regal he's gettin ready to drop a 350 in. I dunno, I always thought the SHO made a good sleeper. I mean, yeah, we know they've got power, but young ricers today just see them as another Taurus family car. Most ricers I talk to don't even know about SHO's. Plus they've got really good looks.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
neptunes010 said:
95-99 Monte Carlos did it for me. Everyone refered to them as "granny cars",...
he 90s montes werent sleepers to me. They are just 2 door luminas. Although there have been a few GMs with the Zxx tag that surpised me. In my opinion the montes lost their balls after 1988. Thats just my opinion.

I agree on the buick regals. I always loved the GN and the turbo regals are almost the same thing.

-Shawn

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
JeffTBird93 said:
... I dunno, I always thought the SHO made a good sleeper. I mean, yeah, we know they've got power, but young ricers today just see them as another Taurus family car. Most ricers I talk to don't even know about SHO's. Plus they've got really good looks.
:ztoohot: :ztoohot:

0-60: 5.9-6.4
1/4: [email protected]
top speed: 140-155mph
first set is for manuals, second for autos

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
those volvo's are awesome. i would love to have a sleeper like that.

Frank

1 - 11 of 11 Posts