TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:( the tires are all bald and I dont want to pay insurance for it sitting in driveway. Time for her to goto sleep for the winter... oh its soooo sad but I know ill see her again ;)

when you guys and gals laying up yours? :confused:

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
My cat has been tucked and covered for about 2 week's now. She's also sleeping with no engine/hood.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
i wish i had enough money to be able to put a car up for who knows how long and drive something else. oh well ill just drive it while i can. my motor is having problems my rocker panels are rusting away. i noticed my fuel line has rust on it and it needs a new rear end and suspension.

i think a lil snow is the least of my worries :D

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
I hadn't thought of it, but I could drive the parts car for the winter! :D Of course it now has an open 3:27 in it. Might make slick roads fun with that, the GT engine and the Trans-go shift kit. hhhmmmm I'll need to make sure its safe to drive to. (brakes suspension, etc)

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
I have to start looking for a place around my house still. I will probably do it towards the end of this month.

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
I need to get myself a Summer Beater. Starting next week, it would be ideal time to get out the daily driver, but have something that has AC but no interior panels left for the summer. I can't use the 89 as the summer beater because being WOT 95% of the time to keep up with traffic means the AC compressor is off, and when it is well over 100, thats not good. As a matter of fact, the 89 is coming into its best season. Traction control in the form of NO POWER TO THE REAR WHEELS (for the .004 inches of rain expected til the end of the year), AC not on (it is only 94 today, not AC weather), that sorta thing.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
I need to get myself a Summer Beater. Starting next week, it would be ideal time to get out the daily driver, but have something that has AC but no interior panels left for the summer. I can't use the 89 as the summer beater because being WOT 95% of the time to keep up with traffic means the AC compressor is off, and when it is well over 100, thats not good. As a matter of fact, the 89 is coming into its best season. Traction control in the form of NO POWER TO THE REAR WHEELS (for the .004 inches of rain expected til the end of the year), AC not on (it is only 94 today, not AC weather), that sorta thing.

what?

you sound like a blonde bimbo that doesn't shut up. What is your 89

·
Stroked and Blown
2,395 Posts
Mine as always goes under the cover when I'm not driving it. It is NOT going to sit all the way through spring. I'll still take it out like once a week throughout the winter as long as there is no snow or salt on the ground. I feel as if I would be neglecting her by just letting her sit for months and months.

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
Midnight said:
what?

you sound like a blonde bimbo that doesn't shut up. What is your 89
You sound like someone that got stuck in the same room as a blonde bimbo that wouldn't shut up :) Your birdie doesn't get a nap, not even a dirt nap?

I live where it is 100+ from the end of May until, well, last week or so. Generally the opposite from everyone else. I do most bigtime outside and car work in November/December/January, most people are freezing there asses off then.

But anyways, the 89 is a Cougar LS, with the 3.8 NA with 160k miles. It doesn't exactly have get up and go, and it is more apparent now that I have one with a little more power. Don't get me wrong, I like driving it, but when you are at wide open throttle most of the time, the AC is useless.

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Thunderwoz said:
Heh, My bird runs all season...Except now that I'm in Rochester, I'm going to have to find a way to keep it from rusting... ideas anyone?

Just keep washing it to get the salt off. Salt is a pain in the butt on metal specially here in WI they pour that crap out like its the end of the world. This is going to be my birds first winter and i plan on washing it as much as possible espically the underbody if possible. Ill actually be putting on my old cougar rims with snows so i should be good

-Matt-

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Unfortunately, my 95 is still sitting all tucked away in the 2nd bay of my garage w/ the front clip off waiting for me to load it onto a trailer and have the welding completed. Even if I get it done, it will NOT see the roads in the winter, or any "inclimate" weather anymore once it's done. Black ice is the reason it's in the shape (or lack there of) that it's in right now :(

I'm hoping by spring it'll have a fresh coat of paint and be ready to go. I just wish I had some help here and there. It's hard to set aside enough time to work on it sometimes. Ahh well, such is life I guess... I'm glad I have enough cars and garage space to store all of them at least. Not one of my cars has to sit outside if need be :D

Jay

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Mine as always goes under the cover when I'm not driving it. It is NOT going to sit all the way through spring. I'll still take it out like once a week throughout the winter as long as there is no snow or salt on the ground. I feel as if I would be neglecting her by just letting her sit for months and months.
What he said.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts