TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I might have a slight coolent leak. My overflow tank keeps slowly emptying. I just filled it with coolent like last month or two. Is that normal? My friends taurus loses it faster though, but I wanted to check

·
Registered
253 Posts
I had a similiar issue awhile ago, actually it turned out to be two things. 1) A crack in the plastic housing on the side of the radiator, took forever to find that one. 2) The radiator cap was old and wasn't sealing properly anymore. There could be other problems, but if your only symptom is slow coolant lose, start small. If you have other symptoms as well, post them up and maybe someone else chime in.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Could be losing some coolant with a loose overflow tube. Just noticed that on mine a few days ago. Slammed a small clamp on it just for extra precaution.

·
The Parts Guy
7,360 Posts
I'd recommend pulling up the carpet on the passenger side front floorboard and checking for coolant there. Everytime I've had a slow leak in any of my MN12's, it was the heater core, and you wouldn't notice the coolant on the passenger side floor unless you pulled up the carpet to have a look.

-Rod

·
Registered
278 Posts
rocket_dj said:
...A crack in the plastic housing on the side of the radiator, took forever to find that one...
I have the small coolant leake too and I've checked just about everything, but I never heard about that, I'll have to check it out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts