TCCoA Forums banner

21 - 40 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Also, the dash is not a 100 lbs....I my self can take the dash in and out of the car myself, if it was a 100lbs, I don't think I could.
Not just the structure, though. Does yours have all of the HVAC and stereo stuff in it? You may still be right. Weigh it if you can, I'd be interested to confirm.

If my fuzzy math is right, I should be under 3000lb once the glass is replaced with Lexan....not counting the weight of the cage. :)

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
Not just the structure, though. Does yours have all of the HVAC and stereo stuff in it? You may still be right. Weigh it if you can, I'd be interested to confirm.

If my fuzzy math is right, I should be under 3000lb once the glass is replaced with Lexan....not counting the weight of the cage. :)
thats without the stereo/airbag/vents/glovebox.....so you might be right then....

The weight is great!
Same here though, I'm hoping to be under 3000 myself, but that with all the glass, stock hood, cast iron heads and intake....but no cage, yet :D

Last time it was 3080 with me out of the car, and since then, I've done a bunch more weight removal..

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
Do tell!? I need to weigh mine, I've taken all of the big crap out, everything the car doesn't need to go and stop. Maybe I'm better off than I thought. :)
well, recently, I've been dissecting all the unnecessary wires...I'm gutting the doors, taking out all the power window crap, cutting the inner door material out, removing all power lock stuff....replacing the inside door skin with very thin sheet metal...beleive it or not, the wiring in the car adds up a ton, but since its a track only car, and carbed, I can take out a bunch of wires I don't need....only wires that are going to be left are for lights, brakes and blinkers(in case I drive down the road for a bit).
I'm removing all the sound deadening, cutting away unnecessary panels(like where the rear side speakers mount), I know its not a whole lot of weight, but it adds up over time.
I'm probably not removing as much weight as I'm thinking, its just very time consuming, and it feels like it should be more than I'm doing.
I'm also moving my battery back up front with a lighter weight one, and taking out the huge 1/0 power cable I had running from front to back.

hope this helps, as I'm sure you've done most of this already...

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I've done all of that. :) I searched back and read some of your stuff, and I'm thinking I've removed more at this point than you have. You've gotten me very optimistic about my weight. :D You've removed some suspension stuff that I still need, though.

I wasn't careful with my wires....as a result I not only took out 15lb of wire, but also my 50lb TEVES braking system. I ate the harness and fudged the system. Rather than try to rewire, I just went with a booster and master cylinder. The TEVES ABS unit is a PIG!

·
Pedal Faster
2,658 Posts
Anyone weigh the Tbird badge vs. the Cougar badge? :D /smarta$$

Nice list, though. The steel spare really weighs 27 lbs?

·
Registered
5,408 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
the way it looks those front ends and rear ends are for tube chassis back halfing and front halfing. i.e. hardcore drag racing. and the thought of fiberglass being between me and the countless idiots trying to t-bone me would be kinda unnerving. i like steel cars.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
the way it looks those front ends and rear ends are for tube chassis back halfing and front halfing. i.e. hardcore drag racing. and the thought of fiberglass being between me and the countless idiots trying to t-bone me would be kinda unnerving. i like steel cars.
Door Bars > OE doors. ;)

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
My 15x6.5 fan blade rims are 17.5lbs each, including valve stem :D

21 - 40 of 142 Posts