TCCoA Forums banner

41 - 60 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
when I clear something or gut something out, I go over it with some gloss light gray. Makes things look cleaner, more purposeful. Not "I was bored so I cut this"...which is actually how I work. lol

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
when I clear something or gut something out, I go over it with some gloss light gray. Makes things look cleaner, more purposeful. Not "I was bored so I cut this"...which is actually how I work. lol
the huge hole will have a sheet of thin sheet metal covering it, giving it a cleaner look ;)

I literally just got done cutting the doors..

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
how does the glass stay up?

·
shaken, not stirred
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #48

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Once again I have conflicting weights. Anyone else? I would like to fix it if I can get a concencous. Thanks again.

C.Hill
No consensus can be had, your best bet would be a mean. I measure things for a living, and monitoring of the devices is a science unto itself. The simple fact may be that the scales used were different. Regular floor scales and fish scales are unreliable. If you want accuracy, have the guys to list how they measured the weight, if anything was ever calibrated, and list the weight from the best device.
Accurate devices tend to be more expensive, by allot. Most cheap scales you see in stores are equipped with disclaimers. If you have a UPS station at work, your best bet would be that scale.

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
Just stand on a scale and have someone hand you the hood and take the diff. Thats a good guess at the weight. Or calibrate your scale using weight lifting weights from a bench set. Our floor scale is quite accurate. And its nothing expensive.

·
Beer and Cheese
7,386 Posts
How much weight can you take off with a A/C delete? I'm talking about the whole thing out of the car, not just the compressor.

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
How much weight can you take off with a A/C delete? I'm talking about the whole thing out of the car, not just the compressor.
I took all mine out, but its in many different places, so I could not get an exact weight for ya.....but when I get some time, I'll see what it all weighs together.

·
shaken, not stirred
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #57

·
Beer and Cheese
7,386 Posts
Has anyone thought about the cast iron calipers? Don't they weigh more then the 13" Cobra PBR's or the Mustang GT PBR's?

·
The Parts Guy
7,269 Posts
Has anyone thought about the cast iron calipers? Don't they weigh more then the 13" Cobra PBR's or the Mustang GT PBR's?
They weigh quite a bit more. That's unsprung weight too.

-Rod

41 - 60 of 142 Posts