TCCoA Forums banner

101 - 120 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Ok, thanks! Nice to have a general idea for some kind of baseline to compare against....mine has no added stereo/sub/amp equipment, stock block and intake, fan blade rims, no MKVIII parts, power seats..both drivers and passenger side, etc.
Based on your own given weight and description, should I guess I'm sitting at 3,500-3,600 with said 1/4 tank of gas?
I'd say probably aound 3600-3700. There's only one way to find out for sure.

-Rob

·
Registered
836 Posts
im at 3400 with no spare tire, race seats, alum block, 15 inch rims, no rear seat, and other minor weight reduction. just got weighed yesterday.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
I'd say probably aound 3600-3700. There's only one way to find out for sure.
Ok thanks. I do know someone who builds and races circle track cars, and he does have those wheel scales. But it's not very convenient for me to just swing by for that since I moved away from that general area. Just wanted a general idea where my car is sitting at for weight, since I'm not planning on making that kind of a playtoy out of it. If I can get another bird though......that sucker will be street legal by the barest of margins. :diablo:

·
Registered
370 Posts
when i get mine back from the shop with my hood on it, i'm just gonna take a trunk full of crap to the dump and weigh it on the way out.

·
Registered
129 Posts
the stock 96 hood was 60 pounds and my cobra r hood was 30
that sounds about right. my scp cobra r ram air hood doesnt feel as light as it should when im holding it up. honestly it didnt feel much lighter than my stock one. but thats just me. idk. im sure its somewhere around that 30. i thought it felt a little heavier. my guess would be about 40lbs.---i should take it off. set it on a stool thats already on the scale. and subtract the stools weight fromt that...just for you guys haha.

·
Registered
370 Posts

·
shaken, not stirred
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #110
This thread could use some updating again.
Throw some numbers at me , i'll be happy to update, or if there are newer products that are lighter I will add them to it

-C.Hill

·
shaken, not stirred
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
I just bought some Lincoln LS wheels... 14.4 pounds each....
What size were these rims? Was this the Spare? It sounds pretty light. If you could verify these numbers I will be more than happy to add this in, thanks

-C.Hill

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
MN12 / FN10 Rear Sub-Frame

I weighed a complete 1998 Mark VIII LSC 3.27 open rear sub frame including two Mark VIII spares and it weighed ~355 lbs.

I installed previously mentioned Mark VIII sub frame, then weighed my 1995 Thunderbird LX 3.08 open rear sub frame with the same exact two spares and it weighed in at ~409 lbs.

So the differences were disc vs drum brakes, aluminum pumpkin and lower control arms, and I don't know the differences in the the sway bars or axles for a savings of about 54 lbs. If I remember, I will measure the axle and sway bars and edit this post...

·
Registered
836 Posts
So here is stuff no one removes or weighs except me and one other person (you know who you are)

Cruise control solenoid and cable 6lbs
aluminum mark 8 spare no tire 10 lbs
abs pickup rings on hubs 5.9 oz each so 1.5 pounds total of rotating weight (for the desperate).

I will keep editing this post as I weigh more things.

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
So here is stuff no one removes or weighs except me and one other person (you know who you are)

Cruise control solenoid and cable 6lbs
aluminum mark 8 spare no tire 10 lbs
abs pickup rings on hubs 5.9 oz each so 1.5 pounds total of rotating weight (for the desperate).

I will keep editing this post as I weigh more things.
:rofl:

I hardly take weights anymore......that, and I can't find a whole lot to take off anymore...:(

·
Registered
836 Posts

I hardly take weights anymore......that, and I can't find a whole lot to take off anymore...:(
;) I can relate to the not weighing things anymore. I did a couple since I was curios. Try stripping a street car lol. It's much more of a pain in the butt since I need to drive it everyday.

·
Registered
984 Posts
FWIW: My '97 in "ready to race" trim weighs 3670 lbs with a half tank of fuel and no driver. This is with full interior and A/C, but everything out of the trunk and Mark VIII aluminum spares with skinny drag tires on the front. The car now has an aluminum block engine and fiberglass hood, but the SVO blower, chassis stiffeners, etc added mass. For comparison, the car weighed 3780 when new.

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts

;) I can relate to the not weighing things anymore. I did a couple since I was curios. Try stripping a street car lol. It's much more of a pain in the butt since I need to drive it everyday.
I probably would stop when you start going over in your head you could save 50 lbs by hacking off a leg..... :eek:

FWIW: My '97 in "ready to race" trim weighs 3670 lbs with a half tank of fuel and no driver. This is with full interior and A/C, but everything out of the trunk and Mark VIII aluminum spares with skinny drag tires on the front. The car now has an aluminum block engine and fiberglass hood, but the SVO blower, chassis stiffeners, etc added mass. For comparison, the car weighed 3780 when new.
I would have thought you'd be lighter!

101 - 120 of 142 Posts