TCCoA Forums banner

121 - 140 of 142 Posts

·
The Parts Guy
7,267 Posts
Stock 94-97 passenger side airbag - 12 lbs.

That's the only thing I've weighed lately.

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
It sure could. ;)
Has anybody managed to get close to, or under 3000 lbs with their Tbird?
-Bruce
by the scale at the track, I was 2,960 lbs with me out of the car.

I'm hoping to be around 2750-2800 car weight when I go back....that will have an 8 point roll bar with it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
by the scale at the track, I was 2,960 lbs with me out of the car.

I'm hoping to be around 2750-2800 car weight when I go back....that will have an 8 point roll bar with it.
That's impressive for a Thunderbird.
I had a Chevy Vega many years ago that had a 327, turbo 350 trans, and a 10 bolt differential. If memory serves, it was somewhere in the neighborhood of sub 2800 lbs.
-Bruce

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
The squib is actually removable from that airbag, and it's a little more than half the weight of the assembly. Not that I recommend removing it :eek:
squib?

when I had mine removed, I just cut the front cover of the bag off, and attatched that back to the dash.....

which does me no good now, as I don't run the stock dash anymore.

·
The Parts Guy
7,267 Posts
The squib is actually removable from that airbag, and it's a little more than half the weight of the assembly. Not that I recommend removing it :eek:
Why do you think I was weighing it? ;)

My "airbag" only weighs 2 1/2 lbs now.

·
Registered
219 Posts
video only if it's new gm products aka camaro and vette's being blown into many little pieces ................................ just to ruffle a few peeps feather's !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:diablo::diablo:

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
For reference,
the stock tbird (non-sport) calipers + brackets = 12.125LB
I just measured them today.

The PBR calipers+brackets are significantly lighter but I forgot to weigh them before I put them on the car.
Online, I see a reference that each PBR caliper, loaded, weighs 10.4LBs. No mention of the bracket though...
-g

·
Registered
53 Posts
Is there anywhere I can find some info on the tubular k members for our cars? The only post I can find is from 2004.

·
High-Mileage 4.6L Thrasher
3,232 Posts
Is there anywhere I can find some info on the tubular k members for our cars? The only post I can find is from 2004.
The only tubular k members ever made for a Tbird are garbage. Poor fitament, very little weight savings over a factory piece, and less strength that stock.
JL

·
shaken, not stirred
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #135
Anyone have any WHEEL weights other than the stated Lincoln LS rims of 14.4 lbs

C.Hill

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
I keep finding other random stuff to remove off the track car.
For example, this morning I pulled off the cruise control servo and all the associated wires.

Cruise Control Servo Weight (including throttle cable and the vacuum hose that goes from the servo to the driver's compartment - I believe to the brake pedal): 3.7LB.

All I need to add was a vacuum cap to the "T" next to the brake booster.
-g

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
More items:

Blower motor (not including assembly): 14.3LB
Driver and Passenger Door Windows (each): 9.9LB
Rear Side Windows w/ frame (each): 5.7LB
Rubber Door Molding surrounding door sill (each): 3.95LB
Front Fender Liner (each): 3.3LB
Center Console (w/ armrest): 7.9LB

Subjective:
Weight removable by skinning hood from a 94-95 car: 14.6LB YMMV
Weight removable by cutting out spare wire well: 7.9LB YMMV (you will likely want to/need to put something over hole)

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
More items:
Power Window Motor & scissor frame assembly: 6.6LB/each
Rear Window Trim (all 4 pieces): 2LB
Door window guides (front and rear set, per door): 4.1LB

Subjective (YMMV):
Skin off Passenger Door (where the speaker & interior door release attach. Not including brace): 10.4LB
Most wire for HVAC, all door-mounted controls, Speakers, Rear amp, domelight -- separated out of wiring harnesses and cut at the ground point, fuse box, patch panel, and/or engine bay connector: 8.8LB

·
Registered
444 Posts
So I was looking at the fiberglass pieces listed in the first page of this thread, but I only see trunk lids for 89-93s that had the full back tail lights. I also spent some time on google but came up empty. Does anyone know where to get a 94-97 style fiberglass trunk lid or would I have to make my own?

121 - 140 of 142 Posts