TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In Jerry's novel, instructions are to enlarge Slot #1 (95 300+ HP) with a razor blade to 0.100". Click here for pg 14 of tranny 101, see Note #4.

It appears to me that there is no such slot in the separator plate. Should this Slot #1 be made in separator plate, or in gasket only? Sould it be enlarged in both gaskets, or just one, which one?

How do you open this slot with a razor blade? Will this slot be the middle of the new one, or a side, or doesn't matter?

P.S. Sorry, no luck with search for slot #1.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ttt

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just one gasket? ;)

What's the point of making hole in the gasket if separator plate doesn't have one?

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Originally posted in the OD 101 article, pg 14:
Note #4. There is a very small slot in the gasket at this location. This is Slot #1, as referenced in the 3-4/4-3 shift section. Open this slot to the correct size based on the chart.

So we now look at the 3-4/4-3 section on pg 13, which says:
The OD servo release exhaust is a slot in the gasket that goes between the separator plate and the valve body itself. Open this slot up with an Exacto knife or razor blade to .100" wide. This is Slot #1 on the diagram.

Mild (<300HP) ... No Change
300 - 450HP ... .100"
450 - 625HP ... .100"

I'd just leave it alone, as per the charts recommendations... if you read the picture above the chart, you'll see that the OD servo also exhausts through hole #8, so this isnt a problem. The cut in the gasket and not through the plate (if yours does not have one there... dunno, could differ year to year) would probably exhaust the pressure through both hole #8 and through the slot to elsewhere inside the VB... but either way, I'll just defer to the designer's wishes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts