TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can I see some pics of this pimped out 97 of yours?

·
Registered
385 Posts

I told you all that I am doing the other stuff this summer

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i meant some like side shots and stuff. I wasnt asking to be mean, i just wanna see how the doors look and such

·
Super Moderator
11,862 Posts
I second that. I've seen that picture in your gallery before. How 'bout some side shots, and views of the hinges and striker bolts, etc. in the daylight.
I've always been curious how Lambo doors work on a Tbird.

·
Pedal Faster
2,658 Posts
I've never seen that hinge up close before, interesting. Now I've got questions! Do they open easily? Are they strong enough for our doors (ie are they going to deform over time)? Is it easy to get in and out (do you hit your head?) Do they line up right when they're shut? Do they rattle? Do the hinges or the body flex when they door opens and closes?

Looks kinda cool, but you do have to have a lot of vertical clearance to open those things, sheesh.

·
Registered
385 Posts
yes, yes, yes and yes, that is why he took his off, and I am going to try weld ons, I didnt get any pics of the striker but mine are beat to hell but my doors dont let any wind noise in or rattles, I have run my car for 6-8 months with no radio either. I am uploading a video to youtube right now, but anyway I think lambo doors are a hassle but custom stuf is my weakness. They are good for our doors if you have beefy pistons that can hold them, but the still wobble thats why I am going with the autolocs next round. But I should have the video up soon, it is a new hd camera so I hope it is a good video.

·
Registered
385 Posts

here are some pics of mine

yours look just like mine I used the loctite on the main bolts and its good for now but the damn set screws come loose I even used jb weld last time, and now they are all out of alignment now. anyway I am glutton for punishment.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
mine didn't rattle, or leak. They lined up great after some adjusting mine didn't flex. It was easy to get in and out never hit my head. When opened they would wobble a little if you bumped them. Hope that answers some questions.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I forgot to add when its cool in the morning my doors fall down about 4 inches or so but when its warm which is most of the time in texas, but like I said in one of these threads the pistons are worn out and I have new ones just not the time to install.

·
Registered
836 Posts
they are a pain...plain and simple. Cool yes...but a pain for a daily driver....ideally you want to reinforce the hinges like i did with bolts into the frame and even welding (didnt do). You also would need heavier shocks than included in the kit or lighten the door by about 10 pounds. That is what i found ideal. I think sloth92 is becoming an expert though and will probably have the best looking set around...or only.

·
Registered
385 Posts
they are a pain...plain and simple. Cool yes...but a pain for a daily driver....ideally you want to reinforce the hinges like i did with bolts into the frame and even welding (didnt do). You also would need heavier shocks than included in the kit or lighten the door by about 10 pounds. That is what i found ideal. I think sloth92 is becoming an expert though and will probably have the best looking set around...or only.

lol, I appreciate that comment, I agree with you very much though, huge pain in the butt and just a kit alone wont do it you must use heavier shocks, since I put my polks in the doors they seem to go down even more, but like I said I got new shocks, just need to take time to put them on again and readjust again. I believe that welding is a must if you are going to use them day in and day out, but if you are going show bolts will work, but why ultimately melding them on will look more professional. I will definatly use bolts when I do the weldons, because that extra bite is a must, if you weld our door to the outer layer of the body, I feel it will fall of or twist and contort sheet metal. I feel that the welding helps keep the alignment from coming loose. I also feel our latches are too inferior to use with lambo doors, lets be honest they are not made for the car so of course the stock stuff will not work that great with an aftermarket product like that. I know its along time to wait but when summer rolls around I should be able to get you guys some really good info on lambo doors. I have a Jt autostyle lambo kit and it isnt horrible, but I feel the autolocs are alot better designed anyway we will see soon, I know alot of guys dont like them but its ok cause I like the look so much i am willing to put up with them being a pain in the butt. Also if I have time tomorrow I will try to put a new video up with the system in it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts