TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe its just me, but when I put the car in D when I go to take off from somewhere, like a parking spot, it seems like it takes longer to engage into gear than it used to before the jmod. BUT, my dipstick reads right at or a little above the full mark when the tranny is warm. Is the dipstick being accurate, or is this normal? It's not a very long pause, but noticable. I did add about a 1/2 qt about a month ago after I did the jmod cause it was pretty bad then. It did get better, but not great. I just thought I'd ask cause I'd rather not put too much Merc V in and screw somehing up. Thanks

·
Registered
286 Posts
Did you remember to check torque on the valve body bolts after about 2 weeks of driving? New gaskets seem to take their time squishing down to their final thickness, and a leaky valve body will do strange things, and if it loses enough pressure, will lunch your clutches.

·
Registered
39 Posts
mines doing the same thing.....its preventing me from changing my fluid...just in case

my fluid is still pink too and the tranny shifts perfectly.....well luxury like since I have no j-mod

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
If the VB bolts were torqued in sequence to 90 in lbs 3 times when the j-mod was done, then I wouldnt worry about that being the problem. I've done 8 so far and never had problems with any using that procedure. The delayed engagement I think is sometimes related to the TC, after my jmod it was delayed a little bit. I replaced the TC with a MK8 one and the problem went away.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Mine was delayed because the filter fell out and was sitting in the pan!
-ROb

1 - 5 of 5 Posts