TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I searched for a solution I thought sounded like it would work but I haven't found much. I recently replaced the window gears on both sides and the windows worked fine for a while. Now my ds window roles down super slow but up fine and my ps roles down fine but up super slow. I wouldn't think it is the motors since they work fine one way and it's not the bushings since I just replaced them...what the heck is wrong with these things?

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
I had a similar problem with my driver's side window. Slow and difficult to get down, rolled up just fine. Turns out the window was working loose from the base that it's epoxied into. This was allowing the window to twist in the channels and wedge itself, making it hard to roll down. After a while, it completely came loose from the mounting bracket.

Or it could be something else. :)

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
my window was doing that for the longest time, i replaced the gear just like you, sprayed the tracks inside the door down, and eventually replaced the motor. none of them worked! but i finally sprayed alittle silicon lubricant into the rubber part of the track on either side of the window and it works perfect now.

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Well, we must be in the same boat (not the Titanic I hope). I fixed it for a time but it reoccured. So, I took it all apart again and was very methodical in making sure I GOT EVERYTHING this time. For about a week, It went up and down like a banshee. Now it is doing it again. Slow or stopping down, fine up. Then One day I happened to push down on the front edge of the window and it flowed right down. Having said all that useless garbage :rolleyes: , I think Tobey may have something. I lubed, blobed, gobbed and gooped everything that moved, slid or twitched. And it still happened. I think my next move is to see how to re-afix the glass to it's base. Good luck.......... How did you solve that Tobey?

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
did you try the silicon spray on both sides of the window? im talking about the rubber pieces that the glass rides on. you dont have to take your door apart to get to it either so it will be quick and easy to try before you rip it apart to try to epxoy the glass.

·
Premium Member
316 Posts
Mine had the same problem , I was ready to take it to the dealer to have it fix when I read about the silicon , I grabbed a can of 3M silicon lubricant(found it at home depot ) and heavily sprayed the guides on both sides , the glass now goes up and down so fast its amazing , I did this about 2 years ago , I respray every once in a while and haven´t had a problem since .

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Uncaged 94 said:
Well, we must be in the same boat (not the Titanic I hope). I fixed it for a time but it reoccured. So, I took it all apart again and was very methodical in making sure I GOT EVERYTHING this time. For about a week, It went up and down like a banshee. Now it is doing it again. Slow or stopping down, fine up. Then One day I happened to push down on the front edge of the window and it flowed right down. Having said all that useless garbage :rolleyes: , I think Tobey may have something. I lubed, blobed, gobbed and gooped everything that moved, slid or twitched. And it still happened. I think my next move is to see how to re-afix the glass to it's base. Good luck.......... How did you solve that Tobey?
I tried using the glass expoxy available at the parts store, but that was only a temporary solution. I eventually had to get the window replaced. Try the silicon stuff first. It's definitely worth a shot.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the replies, I know that a very strong adhesive is weather stripping adhesive. I'm going to keep researching this, if anyone else has some ideas, let us know...thanks again!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts