TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if any of you guys think your car is just slow and plain out is slow? I have done a few mods to my car and it feels like ****... super f'n slow! Does anyone feel the same or do you think your car is fast? Any place I could take my car to get everything checked out? thanks!

·
8,239 Posts
my 95 was slow, so I solved that problem by getting rid of it. :)

The 96 has this problem with traction, at any speed it will light the 245's like nobodies business. I will be buying stock in kuhmo this year. :0

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
A MAF and a chip will wake it up

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
how about this combo.

LMAF, Apten Chip or Dyno Tune, 3.73s and mark viii or Mar TQ.. Think it will all help?

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
KrAzyT said:
how about this combo.

LMAF, Apten Chip or Dyno Tune, 3.73s and mark viii or Mar TQ.. Think it will all help?
Yes..

·
Registered
2,983 Posts

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
AEDM8 said:
Very slow....so slow it doesnt even move right now. :D
I can relate..... :xpcry:

But 3.27's a J-mod and a J-dyno tune, made the '95 alot more fun to drive..

-mike

·
Registered
715 Posts
Mine is to the point were i could race a feista and it would make me look like i was going in reverse. LOL ok so its not that bad, but when ur 3 best friends have LS1's its kinda hard to compair.

Mike

·
Registered
329 Posts
well you have a completely stock car with extra weigth.

get some 3.73's exhaust and maybe a pi intake.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Ya know, my 93 Bird is funny. Sometimes it will launch out of a traffic light really fast, and other times it's slow as a yugo. I can't figure out what is changing to make such a difference. It's not weather, temp. or gas related that I can tell. The nearest that I can figure out is that it's a female car (sometimes it's in the mood and sometimes it's not).

·
Registered
226 Posts
I dunno, my bird flys, it's all stock... but, that's just me i guess? when im doing like 65-70, shoots up to 105 in no time... wish i didnt have the homo govener :(

·
Registered
329 Posts
try doing a tuneup , and checking your tranny after that, for the 3.8 n/a a set of gear would make it more responsive also try to get some UD's and port you exhaust manifolds that will wake up the car a bit.

·
Registered
635 Posts
i would have to say doing the mods i have done, jmod, TC, PI cams, it has waken the car up a little bit. being in crappy 3200 feet of altitude doesnt make it feel great, especially when yer from houston. but...in either case, it feels slow yeh sure. But you havent done anything to the engine really. yer not gonna feel much of anything out of an exhaust, nor UD's. Once you get that maf/tube/chip. Im sure you will notice a little difference. and then add the pi intake on it. You will know there is a difference. I cant wait to save the money up and get me my pi intake to compliment my pi cams.

·
Sweet T
3,452 Posts
My car feels great on the street. But it's a dog at the track. I plan on solving that problem with some DRs or Slicks.. I got the launch down this last time, but even launching off idle, I have to pedal it or I spin like crazy. On asphault? I can tach it up to around 2200 and barely spin. Such is life, I guess.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I always feel as if my tranny is holding back my car (which it no doubt is). It likes to hang on to 2nd for dear life :D

5spd swap, where art thou!?

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
inuyasha! said:
I always feel as if my tranny is holding back my car (which it no doubt is). It likes to hang on to 2nd for dear life :D

5spd swap, where art thou!?
Nothing a J-mod and tune won't fix.

I think everyone needs to drive a tbird that has a j-mod and has been tuned by Jerry, it's seriously a totally different car.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts