TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This might sound odd...but can someone tell me what the smalled offset a t-bird can use. I found some 19mm offset that would look great on my car but cant find any info on what can/cant be used.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Depends on what width wheel you want to use.

-Miller

·
Registered
987 Posts
This might sound odd...but can someone tell me what the smalled offset a t-bird can use. I found some 19mm offset that would look great on my car but cant find any info on what can/cant be used.
If the wheel is for example 7.5" wide then it would sit in the wheel well 2MM more than a 9" wide wheel with a +36MM offset. You could probably hang a beer cooler from the control arms and not rub the wheels...Its like 40MM of inner clearance with that specific WIDTH wheel. Anything wider than 7.5" is going to look plain stupid though.

Brad

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If the wheel is for example 7.5" wide then it would sit in the wheel well 2MM more than a 9" wide wheel with a +36MM offset. You could probably hang a beer cooler from the control arms and not rub the wheels...Its like 40MM of inner clearance with that specific WIDTH wheel. Anything wider than 7.5" is going to look plain stupid though.

Brad
yeah....well the wheels I found when I made this thread were 7.5 wide but have a 40mm offset, combined with a 19mm spacer/adaptor so the wheels would fit. and thats not even assuring it would fit with proper sized tires so i just said hell with it. i'll just buy wheels made for tbirds. Seems like the easiest thing to do.

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
It would clear the control arm by a mile, and stick out of the fender a couple of inches

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
A 305/45/22 tire HAHAHAH good luck with that! YOu would need a 6 inch lift

maybe a 305/20/22

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just said hell with it and got some centerline 15'' wheels right from the factory. seemed easier. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts