TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm tring to make the car last for a few more mounths. as a 02 explorer motor is near. the car has 112k on it and this weekend it has started blowing smoke after sitting at a stop for a few min. :mad: and I don't mean just a small amount I mean a clowd that looks like I did a real good burn out.the car acts fine no loss of oil press , no miss fireing, nothing out of the usual but the smoke :confused: I wish it started in a month so I could do the new motor now but I need to make the car last for just a little more time. sorry this is more of a venting post as a bad ring is most likly the bad part.

·
02 Explorer Pioneer
2,880 Posts
Valve seals are leaking and it will drive like that for a long time. The only thing you will need to do is keep you oil topped off as that is what is burning. Mine started around the same time yours did and I drove it that way until 200,000

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That makes me feel better.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
At least your engine lasted more than mine. Mine only lasted 77k and decided to take a dump on a friday night with 2 girls on my car:mad: , but hey i got my 03 explorer motor :D

·
8,239 Posts
i might try a couple auto-rx treatments and see where that takes you.

We cleaned up an older 4.6 crown vic motor that we thought had bad valve seals. If the seals are bad then it obviously won't fix it, but if they are just dirty it will clean them up and every spot of carbon and varnish out of that motor.

I would recommend running something like chevron delo400 though the auto-rx cleaning and rinse phases, then going to a decent 10w30 dino when get it all cleaned up.

This is one of only two additives I would ever put in any engine.

Read the instructions on the website how to do the treatment, its more than just dumping in the bottle, and the mileage intervals are pretty important.

http://www.auto-rx.com/

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks I will try that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts