TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon. Does anyone have experience with this swap, or similar applications? I would like to do one in order to have access to more tire/wheel combo's.
Thanks.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I've done it. The task is pretty straight forward of the front hub and rotors. To address the rear, there is multiple ways.

On this car I have American racing Aeros, 15x7 front and15x8.5 rear. They have a 4.5" bolt pattern I used a 1.5 inch hub-centric spacer to accommodate the widened wheels. The front brakes got the PBR treatment from a 99+ mustang.

If you want to take full advantage of larger tire wheel combos, larger brakes are a plus.

The same car with 99-04 Cobra rotors. I re-drilled the hubs to make it work and purchased a caliper relocation kit, notice the spacer between the rotor and hub.
Of course, after the larger brakes, the tires and wheels where a must.

Read ya later, Nick

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've done it. The task is pretty straight forward of the front hub and rotors. To address the rear, there is multiple ways.

On this car I have American racing Aeros, 15x7 front and15x8.5 rear. They have a 4.5" bolt pattern I used a 1.5 inch hub-centric spacer to accommodate the widened wheels. The front brakes got the PBR treatment from a 99+ mustang.
View attachment 40310
If you want to take full advantage of larger tire wheel combos, larger brakes are a plus.
View attachment 40311
The same car with 99-04 Cobra rotors. I re-drilled the hubs to make it work and purchased a caliper relocation kit, notice the spacer between the rotor and hub.
Of course, after the larger brakes, the tires and wheels where a must.

Read ya later, Nick
Thank you for your input. The plan is brake, wheel and tire upgrade, then address the suspension with a lowering kit and heavy duty sway bars.

·
Registered
3,925 Posts
When doing the suspension, be sure to address any and all bushings that may be rotted out. If none had been replaced throughout the life of the car, it's very likely that they'll all need replacing. At the very minimum, inspect the bushings and replace any that need replacing.

Reactions: supergordo
1 - 4 of 4 Posts