TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just found out form a buddy of mine (in the FOP) that the PPD is using a red Dodge Charger R/T for undercover work. It was taken during a recent drug bust. It has been seen on the highway and on city streets egging people to street race. Once you go for it he lets you pass and on come the lights. All the lights are hidden due to tinted windows.

TCCoA does not condone street racing in any manner and I am aware of that - But for you Providence folks - keep your eyes out and easy with your street manners with the throttle.

I will try to get a picture if I can.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
There's a black charger that the troopers use too. Not sure about the street racing bit though.

·
Super Moderator
13,650 Posts
One word comes to mind.

"Entrapment"

I'm sure a good lawyer would have a field day with a case of "egging people to street race". Whatever that means? Could you be a little more specific about what exactly that means?

·
Registered
163 Posts
I'm thinking something like this...rolls up beside you at a light, revs enginge a couple times or something similar, not really sure how valid that would be in court though. Like trunk monkey says that might be entrapment.

·
Registered
86 Posts
BTW when I've drived to buy Tbird two weeks ago, I saw unusal action in Poland - police used big BMW SUV as videoradar and anti-speeding patrol :eek: normal they used Mondeo, Camry or similar, but I was shocked, when on opposite lane big tinted SUV flash blue all windows. Looks they used same methods around the world...

·
Registered
902 Posts
that happened to my brother, trooper in a mustang 5.0 , pulled up next to him at a light, asked him if he wanted to race, light turned green , my brother was winning hen the lights kicked on and took him to jail

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have seen that one but there is no tinted windows and you can clearly see the lights on the back dash.

There's a black charger that the troopers use too. Not sure about the street racing bit though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts