TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Amateur Expert
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:xpcry:

Cancelled the liability insurance and she sits in the garage until March. I'm trying to get an idea of what parts to get over the winter.
1. Save for window tint in the spring.
2. Get new 80mm MAF, 70mm throttle body and chip reburn
3. Replace plugs, wires, O2 sensors, etc (coming up on 100K)
4. New rear sway bar, bushings, new front Bilsteins.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
Embalmer said:
:xpcry:

Cancelled the liability insurance and she sits in the garage until March. I'm trying to get an idea of what parts to get over the winter.
1. Save for window tint in the spring.
2. Get new 80mm MAF, 70mm throttle body and chip reburn
3. Replace plugs, wires, O2 sensors, etc (coming up on 100K)
4. New rear sway bar, bushings, new front Bilsteins.

Thoughts?

YOU SUCK!!!!!

1- i thougt it was tinted? but yea thats always a good thing
3- for sure, id make that priority #1

what happened to you selling the bird??? from this post its obvious your keeping it, thats a good thing!!

whats new & exciting?

·
Cougar Pilot
3,443 Posts
Glad to see you got a Lincoln and not a Caddy. Got any mods planned for this 4.6L and tranny? Maybe some 4.10's?:D

·
Amateur Expert
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am really fighting the urge to sell the car. There is a guy in Amboy who wrecked his '89 Bird and was looking to buy a local '92 SC that had been in two wrecks with 167K. The fool was considering paying $4500. I told him he could have mine - newer, much better condition, lot less miles for another grand. I really like the new Mazda 6 and I plan to drive one very soon.
As far as the work car goes, it is really nice, but it is a dog. All the extra weight makes the thing SLOW. Why doesn't Ford put the 32 valve engine in all their Lincoln's? The car handles well and the steering feels great. It makes our old '95 Town Car hearse feel like a boat. I hate the nagging seatbelt reminder. If I buckle mine and there's someone riding in the passenger seat unbuckled, it will still beep!
I've already replaced the plugs at 50K and also at 80K with the regular copper ones. I figure I'll be due for some O2 problems soon and probably some EGR/IAC issues as I creep toward 100K. You know, one day I look at the car and swear I'll never sell it, the next day I'm test driving new cars. I don't have a friggin clue.

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
VicRattlehead said:
you sound like todd. and how does it know someone is sitting in the passengers seat????
Weight sensor, a lot of cars have them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts