TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so, I work security at the front gate in a new/fairly nice gated community. There are model homes open. A lot of people come in to look at the models, and are usually driving something nice...and sometimes, a nice ford :D Hell, I even saw a viper a few times (a couple old ones, and a couple new ones) well today, a guy drives up in a SWEET, VERY CLEAN 1993 Black Mustang Cobra....dont see many of them around...anyway, I tell the guy "hey, nice car" and he gave me a diry look, said nothing, and took off....kind of an older guy (like 60s or so) I've had people come through in vipers and they are the same way...compliment their vehicle and they are rude...jeez, the whole time I had my thunderbird, I got a total of probably three compliments on it, and I was stoked every time, I dunno, maybe I come across as sarcastic when I say it, but damn, people need to be cool when somebody appreciates their stuff...okay I"m done ranting now

Earl

·
Smoothmeister K
887 Posts
Rich people show different reactions to their possesions compared to not so rich people. That's just their lifestyle and personality. I hope I don't turn into one of those kinds of people.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
The way they probably see it is you are there to watch the front gate for them. Not stake out who has what nice car. Although I know what you are talking about. What I dont get is I've had this happen to me a couple times at car shows. Why do you bring a car to a totally public car show that anyone can enter and then be snobby when someone complements it?

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
I pulled upto a really nice 1999 or so trans am with nice wheels and a sweeet exhaust. I said he nice car, then he said "nice nos gauge ya ricer" even though I don't have a nos gauge...I DO have an air fuel gauge though. Anyway, he continued to harass me for about 15 minutes after that talking about my mom and my crappy car. [email protected] GM owners. I dislike them all just because of that one guy now.
-Thomas

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah, GM owners do that....just pure ford hatred....seems like most GM owners I've met hate ford more than most people on this board hate rice, it's wierd, and most of them havent ever owned a ford. Yeah, good point with the "you shouldnt be checking out their stuff" but it's not just at work, it's kinda everywhere, people are just stuck up, I guess.

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
The rich people probably think your planning to steal it or something....they are paranoid about their stuff.

Me? I don't care...I've got insurance, for my cars, and the rest of my stuff probably isn't worth stealing. :uppoint:

·
Geek w/Gearhead Complex
2,299 Posts
Many don't have a clue whats goin on with a mark and I perfer to keep it that way so when the chumps run the mouth ...I got a surprise for 'em.

I don't need their "respect". My friend with the 911 liked it though :)

·
Registered
209 Posts
Hey Earl, let me splain something to you. Those people think they are better than you. They have money, you work the gate so you are not equal in their eyes. I make alot of money. I don't dress like I have money, I wear T-shirts and blue jeans everywhere I go. I get treated like a reject by some people who think they are better off than me because they dress better even though we may be in some of the same restaurants, bars, etc. They are a**holes, don't let them bother you. Just be who you are and remember the guys who appreciate your compliments, they are the ones who actually earned what they have.
GUN

·
Registered
965 Posts
I don't understand how any of you can make such sweeping statements about other people like this. I know many people whom I consider to be "rich" and they are very nice and love to talk about their cars.

How do you know that any one of these people wasnt just having a bad day? Maybe because they just had to make some big honking car payment or something.

Money won't make you a jerk, and being a jerk won't make you money.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Or maybe they look at you like that because you think that is their nice car, not their beater.
BMan.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Eric Z, money will very easily make people jerks, and alot of people who are jerks have earned alot of money by taking advantage of others. Live and learn grasshopper.
GUN

·
motor city poster
2,029 Posts
all i know is one night a guy pulled up next to me in a lexus IS300..... flip through my mind...ok somethin like 200 hp with an I6 motor..? and his car weighs less than mine... might be able to pull it off.... he starts to rev it
i just take mine up to 3,000 or so and let it come back down.. light changes...kick his a**..... next light...i said...hey hows it feel to get beat by a car that was 1/10th the price of urs?

i laughed all the way home

·
Registered
965 Posts
Gunslinger said:
Eric Z, money will very easily make people jerks,
Prove it. For every rich jerk, I can show you a poor jerk. You are a simpleton if you believe that "nice guy" will turn into jerk if you "just ad cash". Does that mean that if you take away a "jerky" rich mans money he will all of a sudden become a nicer guy? At what income level do you magically turn into a jerk?

Gunslinger said:
and alot of people who are jerks have earned alot of money by taking advantage of others.
Those people are usually referred to as criminals and sent to jail. Of course there are the exceptions, but generally just being a jerk usually gets nothing more than an azz whipping.

Trying to lump any one segment of society as a bigger bunch of jerks than another based solely on their income is a old liberal trick designed to create class warfare and tension. Paint the people with money as the enemy and it makes it allot easier to engage in their favorite pastime; over taxing rich people.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Those people are usually referred to as criminals

Or politicians :D fine line huh?

(no I do not want a political discussion, it was a Joke!)

·
8,978 Posts
Eric Z. said:

Those people are usually referred to as criminals and sent to jail.
Actually 15% of stolen property crimes are reported and only 3% of those reported crimes end up with a person being caught :D I love being a criminal justice major.
-Thomas

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Money does interesting things to a person's personality. I have noticed that generally folks who earn what they have are a little more level headed (but this observation is only possible when I know the person's situation) and people who are born into it a lot of times seem to be stuck up about it and un-appreciative...of course these two situations are not all the time things...but I've run into it on occasion....this thread is getting more & more interesting.

·
8,978 Posts
if by more & more you mean VERY VERY and if by interesting you mean OLD then yes. haha.
-Thomas

1 - 20 of 25 Posts