TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have Goodyear Ultra Grip Ice tires on the back now, but they're almost bald. Didn't wanna invest in brand new tires since I'm planning to sell my 'bird soon. I just got 2 used Bridgestone Winterforce tires for the back of my 'bird. They're about 50% tread. Haven't had them mounted yet. Anybody run these tires in the winter? Wondering how they are. They're 225/70 - 15. I run all seasons up front.

·
Registered
966 Posts
I run 215/70 -15's in the back. They're pretty decent for grip. Made it up the steep hill i live on, on several occasions. Ice and about 5 inches of snow. Non studded. Not bad for the price. ABS Traction/Assisted car.

·
Super Moderator
1997 Thunderbird 4.6, 1998 Mark VIII LSC
9,365 Posts
Got them on all fours (I have to add; while Bridgestone does own Firestone, Winterforce tires are actually Firestone - Bridgestone's snow tire is the Blizzak) just this year for the Cougar. Haven't had any snow here yet (knock on wood) but in dry weather, they are a comfortable ride and fairly responsive on dry pavement. Haven't hydroplaned through puddles, but they are a bit noisy. I'm expecting good things out of them, most reviews have been very positive about them.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Had them mounted Friday. Didn't really feel any difference with them, but haven't had any snow in Jersey yet. They're a little bit loud, but no more than the Good Year Ultra Grip Ice tires were. Terminator93 - you're right - they're firestones. Hopefully they got some of the Blizzak technology in 'em! Can't wait for snow now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts