TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Hittin' Switches
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jacked the car up, put the tire iron on the front drivers wheel, and when i turn the tire the whole thing keeps spinning when its in park, and the rotor spins too and makes a scratching noise when it spins....

i think im just being dumb, and this is what the front wheels are soposed to do, but im not 100% sure, so im asking.

i havnt had to take off the front wheels before, only the rear wheels, i took it to a shop last time the front had a flat.

also, what could that scratching noise be? any ideas? i hear it when the wheel rotates, but dont see anything sticking out to me.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
You are dumb. That sound is simply the pads in slight contact with the rotor.

-Miller

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
but i have the same type breaks on the rear, and they dont make that noise, neither does the passenger side front.
The rear wheels will not rotate because the car is in park. There is nothing preventing the fronts from turning. To loosen the front lug nuts you must have the tire touching the ground or someone stepping on the brakes.

-Miller

·
Baby Huey
3,210 Posts
this thread is the LOL!!!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
OMG My wife knows more than you.No offence.

·
Registered
103 Posts
wow step away from the car

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
No, the brakes (front and rear) are supposed to just barely drag against the rotors. When you turn the wheel as you describe you will hear them touching the rotors. Thats normal.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.