TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how many members still have their stock pos plastic intake manifold?....my 97 has 70,000 miles on it, so i can emagine that it'll be cracking before long.

·
Super Moderator
10,330 Posts
I have two...

Both are the 'replacement' plastic version, tho...

These have a radiused front edge, instead of the sharp edge that is original.

218k and 128k miles...

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
same here,

Xploader intake goin strong!

~MG~

·
Banned
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well thats good to hear that some of you are still running thoes with that high of mileage....im in no hurry to swap mine out...(although there will be other future mods)....so what makes some of them crack?....excessive engine heat?....too much racing/torque on the engine?....im kinda curious about this.

·
Registered
859 Posts
I've got 154K on mine. I have an extra sitting in the garage for when the time comes.

Thomas

·
Registered
72 Posts
Cause Of Failure??

I've heard that heavy use (high rpms) can hasten it because the altenator is mounted right there above the failure point, and stresses the plastic under high torque loads from the belt pull. Opinions??

Mine's a 97 with 43K now, and was changed out to the aluminum crossover before I bought it. But I don't know the history of it.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Pffft.... Mine let go about two miles and a day after the recall warranty expired....

The PI with AL x-over is quite happy, though.

Peter M

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
226k on my old one, replaced it with a PI intake :)

·
Registered
72 Posts
PI Ports

How bad is the port mismatch with a PI Intake on stock heads. And how many of you have considered pulling the heads and port matching, or for that matter, going to PI heads?

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
I just did the RTV trick and its so far been good, about 6k now. I did it cause i needed one bad, didnt want to get a dorman, and the PI one was considerably cheaper than the stock NPI one.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts