TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I still have the '97 LX/LE Moonlight Blue, but couldn't pass this one up. 1997 4.6v8 with 150k. It has new paint and all the lamps were replaced when that was done. Traction control and 16"sport wheels also. The seats have been custom recovered and the dash surrounds and console were redone in a matte black finish. Not too shabby for $1200!!! 1997 Redbird Sport ls.png

1997 Redbird Sport rr.png

1997 Redbird Sport li.png

1997 Redbird 4.6 150k.png

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
How do I tell if it is a Sport model? I know it has the traction control switch and 16" wheels but what is the definitive way to tell?

·
Administrator
8,007 Posts
Check the spring code on the sticker in the driver's side door jam. Should be JJJJ if it's a Sport.

Joe

·
Premium Member
933 Posts
Very nice! Love the colour. The seats are cool too.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Nice ride! How did you manage to snag that for $1200? Minor issues?

Hard to tell w/o seeing it in person, but if it was mine, I doubt I would taken less than $2k. It's funny how people price their T-Birds - I see LE's that need paint for $3k, and LX's that are decent for $1500.

Al

·
Cougar Pilot
3,443 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Apparently it was listed on here a couple months ago:

1997 Thunderbird LX Sport

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is the listing I have on FB boards and on CL:

"For Sale or trade. Lots of new pieces. Custom upholstery on front seats. Black suede and embroidery. Kenwood Excellon CD, clean, pretty fast, "J code" sport suspension handles like its on rails. Strong 4.6 is super clean... Look at the under-hood pics! It was NOT detailed for the pic, it is kept this clean... no leaks, has upgraded intake, new battery...
Custom corner lights, new headlights with SilverStar bulbs, red pearl paint. Got a slight vacuum leak causing a stumble at idle which I'm working on now, but runs and drives great. Cruise, tilt, PW, PDL, keyless, AC, everything works. Dash is great. Nice, fast, beautiful car. Asking 3500, negotiable, or an interesting trade. Looking for something like an ElCamino... something interesting for a project.
Make an offer."

Car is located in Milan, GA (middle GA on HWY 280)
I hope the pics upload alright, I've had trouble with this today.
Let me know if you're interested.
PM me and I'll shoot you my number if text message is easier to communicate.
Blessings, Rev. Toid

Still has the cat code and slight stumble. Passenger window motor has been replaced. Car is very tight. No squeaks or rattles. Guy I got it from told me it came from Milan, GA.
I'd like to see about getting the rear seat done.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Try to clean the MAF and get the O2's checked out, 150k for the original o2's is probably about their lifespan anyways. Clean Bird. I wish I had the Sport package.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts