TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, a while back one mechanic told me that the master cylinder was kaput, did not worked anymore, so I bought one on ebay and they sent me the incorrect master cylinder, according to some people here locally, there are two types of them, one with 4 lines and another with 2. Well, when I took my car to get my flat fixed, I told them to inspect my brakes, so they did and told me that the pads were cracked and they told me that I needed to turned my rotors. So I told them to do so, and told them about the master cylinder. So they were going to change it and the mechanic took the MC apart, when we found out that the one that I bought on ebay, he put it back together. Well, when I get my car back, the idle was all funky, when I was in D, it would idle at 400rpms and when I put it min D, it would go all the way to 1500rpms and then drop to 1000, so I noticed that something was wrong. So now, what the hell could it caused? Vacuum leak or what? Also, when I applied the brakes I had to press the pedal even more, so I know that they did not do their job right. So I took the car back and they told me to leave it so they could work on it tomorrow. I needs everyones input. Thanks..

·
midnight toker
1,497 Posts
dam dude.... well having to hit the pedal more sounds like maybe they didn't bleed it right and there is alittle air trapped in there. and yeah I think a vacuum leak could cause that but i don't think it would be that dramtic. i would check to see if for some reason he unplugged a sensor or or something that reports to the computer. sounds out there bro, but you never know I've seen some weird crap at school...

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Frigging Gallito Inlges sucks guys.. When I took the car, I did not had any vacum leaks, last time I go with does suckas...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.