TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Im going later today to look at a set of SHO slicers with smooth caps like new for cheap . I have seen them on a Bird but not a Cougar . I think they will look good with some 225/60/16's on them.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Well I picked up my slicers today they came off a 90 SHO with 60k they are the first production so the center caps do not have the SHO they are smooth. Now just waiting for tire time.
EDIT- It was a 91 SHO.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Well I picked up my slicers today they came off a 90 SHO with 60k they are the first production so the center caps do not have the SHO they are smooth. Now just waiting for tire time.
Are the centercaps the same size as the salad-shooter/fanblade centercaps?

·
Registered
1,488 Posts

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes I thought about looking for some early Cougar centers I have one I found in the salvage yard setting on top of a random car,

·
Registered
2,028 Posts

·
Registered
1,998 Posts

I did the same thing on my Sable. I love the look of these wheels but they are impossible to find these days in good condtion. I was going to put a set on my bird but gave up finding a set worthy of putting on. P225/55R16s are also a good size for slicers, not sure how it would look on a MN-12.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I found these for $80 on craigslist. I will post pictures, it will be about a month or so before I put them on I have to put my money on front end parts , upper and lower ball joints blah :mad:. Im trying to decide if I should go with 225/60/16 or 225/65/16 since the wheels are 16"x6", 235's are to wide but Im wondering if the 225/65/16 will look too tall any opinions on this? Also I notice that the center caps are a shade different than the wheels so I thought about refinishing the wheels in a slighty darker silver not too much like grey but just a little darker silver.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
The older slicers are not directional. The ones I had were from a 1995.

The different color is because the plastic is 20 years old. I attempted to paint the centers black but the paint didn't bond to the plastic too well.

·
Registered
117 Posts
the slicers on Comet's pic are directional. and in case anyone wants to kno, they dont look too bad on a 97(but they arent as wide argh). i have 6 sho slicers with baldish tires on them in my garage, and 4 i painted black on my stepdads 93 red atx, i paid 120$ for the ones i painted black. (they were originally white, they came off a 91 sho plus, and they are directional). IIRC the slicers made in canada were non-directionals, and the ones in italy (italian slicers) are directional. pop the center cap off and it will say italy or canada in there

1 - 16 of 16 Posts