TCCoA Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Leave the radiator cap off and start the engine. It will bleed the air as soon as thermostat opens

·
Premium Member
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Maybe you forgot to reconnect or damaged a vacum line behind the dash thats affecting the flaps opening in the heater box?

·
Registered
16 Posts
ok this morning i left the radiator overflow cap off... no change

i checked the two black hoses going to the heater core, they are hot and there was antifreeze in side the skinny one when i removed it.

can anyone tell me which hose is the inlet and outlet for the antifreeze
in other words does the antifreeze go inn the skinny hose and out the fatter hose ?

i'll also start checking the Vacuum lines, the door seems to be moving properly though.

·
Registered
4 Posts
in the middle of this job right now. thanks for all the pics, really helped out. still have to take old core out and put in new one. also found the broken gears for the odometer...
thanks good peeps....

·
Registered
4 Posts
http://members.tccoa.com/timb/Heatercore.htm

quick question, on the 3 pics were it says to unplug the harness and vacuum connected to the climate control.
the white box that has the white tube going to it, and a black formed hose to the other spot.
does the top of the black piece go somewhere?

on mine(im in the middle of the core change), it is missing the black formed hose and nothing out of the black 'T' connection.

thanks

·
Premium Member
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Cool. Did you get it all back together ok? Sorry didn't know the answer to your question about the black hose.

I was so chuffed when I got mine finished. Still can't believe I managed it on my own too - that dash weighs a ton!

21 - 28 of 28 Posts