TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got the 01 gt transmission dropped today and started to disassemble it.

i got almost all the way torn down and found this right before i pulled the assembly out where the rear band goes. its just a little spring. in the picture, the case is upside down, so the spring is on the top side of the trans case. i did hear something fall when i took out the clutch assembly before the rear band.

also. when i removed the 1-2 accumulator, i didnt have a spring in the top half of the accumulator. i have done j-mods before and have the spring that comes out of the direct drive accumulator. am i missing something here?

other than that.....the trans looks, feels and seems ok. i dont know what would cause it to slip on the dyno. anyway, the 97 trans is goin in the car and i will rebuild the 01 gt trans when time and money allows me to..

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
the spring in the case is the anti clunk spring

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Yes u usually pull that out on tear down, have u inspected all the clutches?

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
Ithought for sure this was going to be another dipstick tube plug thread :tongue:
That didn't even occur to me until you just mentioned it, but it IS funny and makes sense!

That spring is the Case to Planetary support you can see as #60 in the exploded diagram in this thread - http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php?t=137902.

The spring missing from the top of the 1-2 accumulator just sounds like somebody has that tranny apart before and did the j-mod wrong...

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes u usually pull that out on tear down, have u inspected all the clutches?
i called Alan he told me to check the direct drive drum clutches. he told me if i dont see any white writing on the clutches, they are toast. well...i dont see any writing. im sure it was slipping. its also got a good bit of play.

ill put the tranny back together and rebuild it at a later day.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ill have to get those to you. Maybe I can tear it back down tomorrow

1 - 8 of 8 Posts