TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I have been pondering for a while now to get a new car, but the car that is want is out of hands, as of now of course. I would like to buy an STI but in order for to me try and get that car, it would mean that there is a need for me to sell my cougar with all of the mods that I am currently doing to it right now and we all know that I will probably not get what I have invested in it. So my other option would be, to get another car and build it my self. Now, you guys going to kill me, but I want an import, with a 2.5L engine or higher, with a sport kind of look to it. There are many options were to choose, but I am in that stage were I really do not know what to do. I love my car, but it is time for me to move on, besides, I still have a 96 cougar (which is my dads) and that is my next car to modify. So with all of crap I just said, what types of cars would you recommend?

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
why not save for a cheaper older import? Like an AWD Eagle Talon TSi they come with a 2.0 i belive with turbo dohc. Nissan turbo 240s (rwd!) Older supras? 3000gt are under the 8-10 range for a good one. If you want a new car i would pick either a SRT4 or STi. The dodge will be cheaper but quality is a little lower with dodge. They are a cool car thou and easy to mod. I like the sound of the exhaust on the SRT vs STi. They come factory with a mufflerless exhaust. It only has one cat and a strait thru resonator. Subarus are great quality and look awesome, handling, yada yada we all pretty much know this lol. There is so much more that comes with the STi than a standard turbo impreza. Acura is coming out with a turbo car very soon secs were like 250hp and 200sumthin or more of torque. How come an import so bad? Buy a Focus hatch and get the 302 rwd kit for it!

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I really do not know, I just wanted to buy one for a while. I just found a 1995 Supra fro 13.5k on Cali, I just emailed the guy. We will see... Its not a turbo, but hell, that can be easily fixed :D
Mileage: 107,000
Body Style: Coupe
Exterior Color: Black
Interior Color: Black
VIN: JT2JA81L250029813

Engine: 6 Cylinders
Transmission: Automatic
Drivetrain: 2WD
Doors: 2

I have to ask for a car fax.... Hey Jasooon... :tongue:

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
Is there something special about that one, or is 13.5K the normal resale range for 12 yr old 100K+ mi. Supra's that are still in decent condition!??? :eek:

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
i wasnt aware they made them in auto?

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
what about a 99+GT stang you can have those for under 10k in great condition with low miles then spend the extra 3-4k that you would on the supra and order a single turbo kit like HP,b&g, or helion?

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i wasnt aware they made them in auto?
Yeah, very few but they did... Its a bummer because I want a manual...

Southpaw said:
Is there something special about that one, or is 13.5K the normal resale range for 12 yr old 100K+ mi. Supra's that are still in decent condition!??? :eek:
Supra's are very good cars, they can handle so much abuse that it is not funny. Even thought their parts are kind of expensive, they are reliable cars.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
what about a 99+GT stang you can have those for under 10k in great condition with low miles then spend the extra 3-4k that you would on the supra and order a single turbo kit like HP,b&g, or helion?

I do not want a mustang, my cougar has an 03 exploder engine, same as mustangs and I am modifying it as we speak. I just time to finish that damn thing.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
making your mn12 a 5 speed will make the car funner to drive >=)
Too much money porky, no way dude... We are talking more than 2k, because IF I would do that, I would get a T56...

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
Supra's are very good cars, they can handle so much abuse that it is not funny. Even thought their parts are kind of expensive, they are reliable cars.
I don't question that, it's a Toyota. nevertheless I'm kind of shocked that at 11~12 yrs old and 100k+ they are still pulling down 5 digit resale values.

·
Banned
5,377 Posts
well your gonna spend 10g's+ on a 10 year old car might as well spend it on something thats already modified. Just get the M-6066-M462 supercharger kit and a t-56 then lol

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I don't question that, it's a Toyota. nevertheless I'm kind of shocked that at 11~12 yrs old and 100k+ they are still pulling down 5 digit resale values.
You would be amazed dude. Ive found supras with less than 100k miles going for almost 45k, hence they are the twin turbos, but still, none of the less, does cars are kick ***..

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
I do not want a mustang, my cougar has an 03 exploder engine, same as mustangs and I am modifying it as we speak. I just time to finish that damn thing.
Not to sound harsh or anything but why are you still modifying the Cougar if you are short on cash as is? It seems you have lost interest in the purpose that goes into modifying anything, and that is the pleasure of seeing the results of $, sweat, and time invested into a project. You already know that you won't get anything for your investment and what's worse, there is a good chance that whoever becomes the next owner of your Cougar will not appreciate the time you've put into it.
If you still have the orignal parts and are planning of getting rid of the car, then make some of your money back by selling them separately. No one says pull the engine, but I think you'll save top $ by swapping as many stock parts back into the car as is feasible.
Good luck with whatever you choose to do. And BTW, you have absolutely no chance of ever quitting on TCCoA no matter what car you get. You are stuck here for life, you'll see. :D

Jim

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No, I have not lost any interest in the car. I am short on money to put as down payments, but the majority of the parts that I am using to modify the cat, I already have them in the garage. I just want a new car, something different to the 4.6. I have always wanted a supra or an STI, and to tell you the truth, right now the supra looks more acceptable than the STI. I might keep the cougar or sell it once I am done doing what I am doing. I do not know yet, I am just in the first phase of gathering information as we speak.. Plus, my dad has a 96 cat, so I'll be modding that car next year or so.. So I am not going anywhere.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Its nice to have one good reliable daily car and one for the modding

·
Resident drifter
649 Posts
I am ashamed to admit that the supra is one of the few imports that I actually like. however they are rediculously over priced compared to other cars. like a trans am or cobra

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
I really do not know, I just wanted to buy one for a while. I just found a 1995 Supra fro 13.5k on Cali, I just emailed the guy. We will see... Its not a turbo, but hell, that can be easily fixed :D
Mileage: 107,000
Body Style: Coupe
Exterior Color: Black
Interior Color: Black
VIN: JT2JA81L250029813

Engine: 6 Cylinders
Transmission: Automatic
Drivetrain: 2WD
Doors: 2

I have to ask for a car fax.... Hey Jasooon... :tongue:

Hey bro ive been looking into a supra for the past 6 months.. got any other details of the car.. it seems like a fair price also.. Ive been looking in the price range for what I want about 20-25k 6sp TT.. Man those cars are slick

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
That Supra sounds too cheap. Something maybe wrong. Supras have maintained their value because demand>>>>supply, unlike MN-12's.

Have you gotten an insurance quote for an STI? Their some of the most expensive cars to insure.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts