TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if i wanted to get the the 5 lug bolt pattern of the mustang GT can i go to the junk yard and get the front and rear hubs and rotors off the GT and swap them on my 95 t-bird? is it that simple. I know it would be more modification than that but in a nut shell is it that simple?

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
You need front hubs off of any 94-up Mustang, doesn't matter if it's GT, V6, or Cobra. However, they are a wear item with a sealed bearing in them, so you may want to consider buying new ones instead. Just make sure you ask for the pieces for a car with ABS brakes . On the rear, you need hubs from a 99 or 01 Cobra Mustang, they are only ones that had IRS. The bearing is a press-in piece on these. The rear hubs are somewhat pricey to buy new. Take a look at this link from Doug Fraleigh's page ... good tech article on brake swaps. If you don't do a Cobra brake upgrade on the rear, you'll need to get an adapter ring made to go between the Mustang hub and the T-Bird rotors ... or, you can just re-drill your T-Bird rear hubs, that's what lots of people did before the 99 Cobras came out.

cheers
Ed Nicholson
SCCoO

1 - 3 of 3 Posts