TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So all of the bolts for my stock airbox on my '95 Mark are broken. The entire thing. I'm talking about the hole that's molded into the air box. So there isn't any way to fix it without using apoxy or something of that nature. So my question for everyone out there is this: Should I replace it all with the stock equipment, or should I upgrade to something else? If I should upgrade, what should I put in there and how much work will it take?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I would suggest buying a cheap intake. On eBay if you type in your year make and model there is a seller named chrome intakes who will fabricate it for you for $30-$40. It's really simple, all you do is remove the silencer and the air box and attach the intake in it's place. (You will need to remove the inner firewall and possibly extend your air flow sensor). But it will also gain you a few horses, if you want more then go for the K&N products. You may also want to check salvage yards or the forum for people parting out T-Birds

·
Super Moderator
9,246 Posts
If it was me, I'd be on a tight budget so I'd run out and buy a stock replacement from a local salvage yard. I cannot advise on anything aftermarket; I wouldn't know the first thing about it! :rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
I would suggest buying a cheap intake. On eBay if you type in your year make and model there is a seller named chrome intakes who will fabricate it for you for $30-$40. It's really simple, all you do is remove the silencer and the air box and attach the intake in it's place. (You will need to remove the inner firewall and possibly extend your air flow sensor). But it will also gain you a few horses, if you want more then go for the K&N products. You may also want to check salvage yards or the forum for people parting out T-Birds
that line right there that is emphasized is generally not a good thing

·
Registered
623 Posts
That entire post should be forgotten by anyone that thinks any of that is true or applies to a 95 mark.

·
Registered
623 Posts
I would use a factory airbox, there is nothing wrong with it. Find one at a junkyard, i'm sure you could pick it up relatively cheaply if the MAF sensor is removed from it. I got mine from the junkyard sans MAF sensor for about $30 when I did my motor swap. I did have to epoxy a few of the threaded inserts back into the base though as the knurls spun in the plastic upon removal. I also cut the goofy air silencers from the intake tube, glassed them shut, and smoothed the whole tube out. It looks a little better. Good Luck!

·
Registered
185 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
You can buy a fiberglass repair kit at pepe boys, kragen, etc. for about $12, placing the fabric and resin on the inside you can re-attach the pieces to where no one will know there was ever any damage unless they look real close. It is very strong and will last for many many years.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts