TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Formerly known as lfteyechicken
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
pulling the motor out of the bird for a rebuild and some much needed upgrades, and as we are hoisting the motor out...my friend hits the boom lever on the hoist, causing the motor to crush his wrist against the radiator support, the hoist wasn't jacking up. so after thirty seconds of trying to jack the motor off his wrist and freaking out, I got an adrenaline rush and lifted the motor off his hand...I know it wasn't my fault, but damn I feel bad about it.

BTW, it did actually break his wrist, he goes in for surgery in the morning...
:( :( :(

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
ouch

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
jamesD said:
you can say that again,

hopefully your friend gets better, that's why i feel more comfortable using my chain hoist to pull motors, if it lets go it won't just drop like that. the gear reduction gives at least another half second before it completely unloads, although that won't help much if the chain snaps. lol, ultimately you just need to keep everything out from underneath whatever is being supported, good luck with pulling the engine, and don't try to do it alone either, later'z.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
****ty, hope hes ok. Had the same kinda thing happen to me helping my buddy put a tranny in, it shifted and caught my hand between it and the lower control arm. Got off lucky, just cut one knuckle to the bone.

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
i use some pretty heavy gloves when dealing with trannies, after cutting yourself 50 times you tend to learn better ways of doing things, i doubt there is any other piece on the car that has as many razor sharp jagged edges, lol.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
My uncle left the top 2 sections of his right index finger in a glove after dropping an engine on his hand.

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
wow, i guess the moral of the story is don't drop anything on your hand.

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
ha ha.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts