TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

A little sofa for your little couch potatoes! This SpongeBob SquarePants sofa fits 1-2 kids comfortably and also opens up into a tiny little bed -- perfect for nap time!
Isn't that just great? :woowoo:

·
Registered
216 Posts
Wasted life and IQ reduction sold seperately.

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
And what exactly does that stpuid show teach kids? I mean, damn, he goes around, causes all kinds of trouble, and nothing ever happens to him....all kids shows today are crap, they dont teach them anything, it's just mindless BS...what ever happened to shows like the flinstones, the jetsons, THE WARNER BROS. CARTOONS?! The may have sometimes had hidden messages & such, but they usually where written with a certain degree of intellect...they made you THINK...something that seems to be going away. Okay sorry to rant, seeing that kind of stuff just p!sses me off.

·
Registered
216 Posts
ambushing coyotes with 10 ton weights and falls from a lethal height... if that doesn't teach em values I don't know what will

But seriously, yeah this new generation of kids' programming sure doesn't inspire confidence in the future. By 2015 the kids shows will resemble the Sopranos more then sesame street ;)

·
5w30 Guzzler
1,462 Posts
of course kids are lazier and sit around more than they used to. you could say their imaginations arent as high either (without radio and reading). but kids now play so many challenging, interactive games that it's almost training military personnel. i think the fact that most kids can handle computers better than adults is a plus for our modern world.

and though i love hannah-barbara and warner bros., i dont think repeated cartoons about "rabbit season" is teaching kids anything. and 'some' would argue that showing living things being shot point-blank in the face with a 12gauge and being fine afterwards isnt too rewarding.

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
DUCK SEASON, FIRE!!!!

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
For my little brother. I think I'll just say my gift to him is putting together his bunkbed-loft set. Along with setting up all the rest of the stuff.

·
Registered
726 Posts
I work at everyones favorite store :rolleyes:, wal-mart, and I get to work in toys :rolleyes: . I can tell ya, those things sell like crazy. We got Dora the explorer too. Woo hoo.

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
i think spongebob is pretty funny. usually if my little sister is watching it i'll watch it with her.

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
Oddly enough, once my kid learned how to change the tv channels she has been bouncing between Noggin and the UNC channel and has completely ignored Nick and Disney (yay). One of the shows teaches kids Spanish so she knows some of that now.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I'll just state it now before things go too far...

Tom and Jerry > Everything

Jerry pwns you!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
I dunno, I always felt sorry for Tom, and hated Jerry, friggin mouse!

Gimme roadrunner cartoons any day! Nothing like watching the coyote repeatedly own himself. :D

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Care Bears will kick...uh...wait...they can't do jack. Only probably saw like 5 episodes of that, since it was on Disney. We didn't have cable until I was 9 and moved to Macon, MO. I mainly watched GI Joes and Transformers, when I could. It was on at like friggin' 6 a.m., if I remember right. Oh, ya, that David the gnome show is another one I'd watch. I think all those shows have those 30 second anouncements at the end of the show where they'd say to keep the earth clean and don't do drugs and all that.

I'll watch cartoons with my little brother, unless it's Pokemon, Yu Gi Oh, or that dubmarse Hamtaro b.s.. I'll be sleeping on the couch, have him laying on my back. I get to be lazy as long as I'm taking care of my brother. It's kinda fun. He likes to cruise around with me, wearing my sunglasses. It's fun hearing him singing the chorus to Jay-Z's "Hard Knock Life" from Annie, and I sing the rest. Drove by some girls when he was doing that, and they were saying, "Aweeeee...that is soooo cute." That's a good way to pick up chicks. :cool:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts