1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
we're all gonna die.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
so long as this doesn't turn political it can stay....I'll try and just edit out the policrap, but if it gets too much, it'll vanish like a fart in the wind...

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Shawshank Redemption...good movie

·
Whining Intakes Rock
3,645 Posts
JoelBender said:
it'll vanish like a fart in the wind...
Better hope no one is downwind.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Dammit, you know I've never seen the UN-edited version of "Shawshank"? I mean, TNT is great for running it every six hours, but they cut a lot out of it.

My point: I've never heard that line.

Also trying to keep the politics out of this one so it's not locked...

·
Baddest N/A NPI in Canada
2,118 Posts
:zdunno: These types of threads keep coming up all the time. I am glad to see other sites popping up to rebuttle the "Oil crisis crap". I think that this is nothing more than a scare tactic.

·
Stroked and Blown
2,395 Posts
I think it is all :bs: Even if the world does run out of oil, we're not gonna die. How long has civilization been on this planet long before oil was even discovered? How did the Native Americans do it? How did the people of the Middle ages do it? It may be hard and if it does happen, it will mess up economies, BUT it's not gonna be the end of mankind. I'm sure we will all evolve as oil disapears (if it does) We will find a way to survive.

Hell, if global warming actually happens :rolleyes: Then that means, the planet will be much warmer all over and we won't have to worry about heating our homes in the winter! YAY!! :)

·
Registered
814 Posts
Looks like they got all the youngins all fired up. I wouldn't worry about it, that's why we capped our wells and started out sourcing other oil. We may have to trim th fat but we will outlast every one else. I am how ever looking forward to an oil price crash, for the spike that we took in the shorts this summer the saudi's are gonna take it right back. Look for it to drop back hopefully to thirty/fourty bucks a barrel. Feel better now, LOL?

·
Johnny Five is Alive, TCCoAAC Member
1,614 Posts
um, ok, add this one to the fire:

There is a Oil Reserve out in the gulf of Mexico, in the 70's it was pruducing a ton of oil, it was shut down in the 80's becuase it was dry... they decided to recheck it, and now its producing the same as it was in the 70's... researchers believe there is a large (very large) reserver somewhere deep in the earth, that refills higher oil pockets...

also the idea of dinosaurs = oil is also on the extiction list.. also, oil can be man made now as well...

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Im not sure on this but arent there capped wells in the Gulf of St. Lawrence as well? They just started drilling new wells in Southwest MB and oil is flowing out of there, no alot, but it is something. Also there is the potential to get oil from the Alberta sands.

I sure hope it drops back to where it was, I plan on getting another truck when Im done school and want to be able to afford to drive it lol.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Last Mrk said:
I guess ANY opposing thought would be considered political? In other words, read it, shut up and sit down. Hmmph.

no, opposing thoughts are welcome...but I dont wanna hear the "it's the government blah blah", "bush blah blah", crap that ruins these types of threads. Posting of other sources of info is just fine with me, so long as the politics stay out of it.

·
Registered
343 Posts
We already know what it will be like when the oil runs out. Haven't they ever seen Road Warrior? Jeez.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts