TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im thinking of buying the Stage 2 VT heads and a Accufab upper intake plenum. Not sure if I should go with a 75mm or 70 mm throttle body??.

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
The Accufab on a pretty much stock motor has shown better power and torque gains with the 75mm. Check out MD, they did a test on them with the 70 and 75 on a Mustang with pretty much just headers and exhaust. With ported heads, you would see more of a gain with the 75mm than they did, I would think.

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
Plenum combination....................CFM
-------------------------....................-----
Stock plenum only ('98-'00)........498
with stock 65MM TB....................441
with 70MM TB.............................491
with 75MM TB.............................488

Stock plenum only ('01 & up)......505
with stock 65MM TB....................460
with 70MM TB.............................488
with 75MM TB.............................491

Trick Flow plenum only...............616
with 70MM TB............................595
with 75MM TB............................593

C&L plenum only.......................569
with 70MM TB............................557
with 75MM TB............................597

Dragon plenum only...................664
with 70MM TB.............................611
with 75MM TB.............................619

Accufab 70MM plenum only........619
with 70MM TB.............................628
with 75MM TB.............................614

Accufab 75MM plenum only.........680
with 75MM TB.............................628

Taken from Fdawg97lx who took it from Modular Depot.

Dave

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

so it says with a 75mm plenum and stock throttle body youll flow more air than with a 70 or 75 mm??? and they both flow the same??

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
Lazania said:

so it says with a 75mm plenum and stock throttle body youll flow more air than with a 70 or 75 mm??? and they both flow the same??
the plenum alone with no tb flows 680 cfm and with the 70mm and 75mm tb's it flows 628 cfm.

Frank

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
DMcBrideBoston said:
Here's two dyno prven articles.....Enjoy

MD Plenum Showdown 1

MD Plenum Showdown 2

400+ dollars for 8 rwhp, ehhhh, a bit expensive ya think?

Dave
I agree that is a bit pricey for $400.00 I probley wouldnt buy it now seeing the results are so little, but I wonder if it would maybe work better on a car with ported heads and different cams

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hey , did not to get off topic but did you ever have a Mark 8???, if so I think I sold you a 90mm Maf :). Thanks for the charts. have any of you seen the P51 intake manifold it looks to be putting better numbers out of all of them

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
i have a used accufab upper intake "plenum" for sale.. $190 + shipping.. w/ Dan outta commission temporarily, you can't beat that deal.. cheapest other price is $229 + s&h even on ebay

lemme know.. i think i can tell a diff.. oct2nd i'll let ya know when i get on the rollers again

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ill keep that in mind but I want to find out more about this P51 intake and I wish some of the NA guys would pop up and let me know if these heads are worth the money.

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
Lazania said:

no that's the elbow by itself...no TB at all.

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
i don't even think the P51 is available yet.. and if it is... costs almost as much as a damn blower heheh

you buying stage 2 NPI vt heads, or PI vt heads?

·
Registered
522 Posts
There's a thread on here with ported NPIs and ported PIs and the NPIs out flow the PIs.

Waiting for the New heads to be a bit more reliable before I purchase a set. I currently have the Accufab Plenum and 70MM TB on my Bird and it helped. Buddy with his Mach1 won the TB at a drag race, so I got it pretty cheap.

Remember if you are getting more into it you have to have a way to get that more out of it also. That plenum and TB produce more air then the heads can use.

NA the 75mm wont gain you anything over the 70mm.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
whats not reliable about the VT heads and how much more do the non PI heads outflow the PI heads. I could get the NPI heads but I do have a PI block

·
Registered
522 Posts
Do a search on the heads and you will find the info you are looking for. The PI Block? Which pistons do you have? If you have the T Bird flat pistons with PI heads you will get more compression. Do a search all the info you have asked about and much more is there.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
thanks

1 - 20 of 28 Posts